“Loved it !! Will visit Taj restaurant again !!”
Review of Taj Restaurant - CLOSED

Taj Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I love indian food ! We were in stratford a couple days ago and had dinner at Taj, the restaurant is just amazing from the atmosphere,food and service . We choose the option of buffet and we were very pleased, the food was very warm and fresh and the presentation was nicely done. The salad/dessert bar was very good, they had desserts I've never tried before and they had a lot of different salads to choose from. For drinks we orderd Mango lassi's and were not dissapointed it was very rich in flavour and sweet too. My favourite part was when the naan bread came, it was fresh out of the clay oven and it tasted so good that we had to order secconds. The service was nice,the owner was very friendly and attentive. All in all we would love to come back here and recommend it to every one!!

1  Thank Lauren X

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My son and I love Indian food so we tried Taj on a cold Feb. Evening,only people eating,buffet was pretty good,temp not hot at all,nan great,desserts really nice treat.service was not that great,mind you it was buffet,he was more interested in talking on the phone.
Would we return,probably try lunch
But maybe not

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I have visited a four or five times and so far have only taken the buffet (all dinner visits). The consistency of the buffet is great (I like things temp. hot) and we like it that they have varied the items over time for us repeat visitors. We especially like the salad bar where you can approximate a self made papri chaat with the ingredients - not something you find at all Indian buffets. When taking the buffet you always get fresh naan - and its delicious. We talked with the owner on our last visit and were told that a LLBO license application in in process. We've normally had chai and water on our visits.

1  Thank drhaller
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband Sid & I stopped in here earlier today, try something new; and definitely enjoyed the meal. I was pleased to see their gluten free choices in the buffet; and the waitress even brought me gluten bread to enjoy, since I couldn't eat the Naan bread that was brought to our table.

2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I tried the buffet and ordered off the menu in one weekend, both times I enjoyed my food. When I ordered off the menu I had tikka masala with garlic naan. This dish was very tasty and the food was plentiful. After trying the food two days later I went back for the buffet option with my girlfriends. The buffet had a good variety of Indian food including a separate salad bar, with 2 choices of desert, I believe. All the buffet food I tried was fresh and delicious, we had no complaints. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. The service overall was great. I will definitely be returning for buffet. I use to drive to kitchener when I wanted indian food on a budget, I'm happy Stratford now has that option.

1  Thank Ladidadi2013