“A Delightful Stay with Friendly, Welcoming, and Generous Hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
Bristol House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 89 Stratford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My friend and I had a wonderful stay at the Bristol Inn. What made it so fantastic? The people! The atmosphere was warm and friendly. Guests made friends with one another and lingered over breakfast to share in conversation. The hosts were extraordinarily kind, good-humored, and accommodating, and they went out of their way to ensure that we had a pleasant experience. We especially loved getting a ride in the innkeepers' vintage Rolls Royce!

Food, linens, wifi--these were all good. But the people were what made our stay memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Bristol House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Bristol House B&B. Our room was very nice and a plus was the kitchenette the guests could use (and free wifi). The breakfast was certainly enjoyable, however we've had some wonderful gourmet meals at other B&B's in Stratford (that's why I didn't rate a five).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We loved the accomodations and our hosts, Elaine and Pierre were very accomodating. We were able to arrive early and have time to visit the stores before returning and getting ready for dinner and the theatre. The room, bed and bath were very nicely furnished and comfortable. The sheets were exquisite!

Our breakfast was superb with quite a variety of items to have. The stuffed French Toast was a surprising and tasty addition to the breakfast.

We stayed at the Bristol House at the end of June and we will certainly return again.

Thank-you to our hosts for making it such a lovely experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had an overall OK experience, it was clean and quiet. However the owners might like to focus on a few details:
- linens: I certainly cannot prove that the sheets are not cotton, but I think I know my fine linens. We were hot and uncomfortable due to the 'mink' fleece cover plus the microfibre feel of the sheeting and pillowcases
- linens: it is standard practice to cover pillows first in a pillow protector. We had none.
- the Oberon room at the end of the hallway does not have an ensuite bathroom, nor a TV. Why does it cost the same as the Bermuda room, which has an ensuite, a TV, and more space?
- we were told that the hallway space from the Oberon room to the bathroom was completely private, that no one else would be in it at any time. Not true: the Bermuda room was occupied and therefore its occupants could enter into the hallway to the kitchenette, for example. So the bathroom was not 'just like an ensuite, but placed outside', as we were told.
- please offer one or two alternative choices to the stuffed French toast. It is not to everyone's taste, and might be too sweet for some. Perhaps a quiche, or cured meats.
- please do not make disparaging remarks about the practices of the B&B's former owners.
- a small but significant point: don't enjoy a beer on a hot day at the gazebo in front of your guests unless you are prepared to offer them one, or at least some ice water.

I appreciate the huge amount of work that goes into the running of a B&B, but these small details can make the difference between a return visit or not.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol A
Pierre G, Owner at Bristol House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. After receiving so many personal, face to face compliments and stellar written reviews on TripAdvisor, we were in real danger of becoming complacent. Thanks for keeping us humble. What I must really object to is your claim that the sheets are not made of cotton. We pride ourselves on the quality of our bed linens and they are indeed top of the line 100% Egyptian cotton with a 1600 thread count and were priced accordingly. I too was unfamiliar with these sheets until I did some research into the Angel Collection. Most of our guests are loving them, as do we.

We will be reviewing all comments both positive and negative, written and verbal at the end of the season, and adjust our policies accordingly to ensure that our guests get maximum enjoyment from their stay in our home. Thanks again for your input.

Sorry we were out of beer..!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Elaine and Pierre were so accommodating and the sheets on the bed! Oh my god, if you've never tried Egyptian 1600 thread count sheets, you're in for a treat... They say the amount of work that goes into an establishment is directly proportionate to how smooth and organized things appear. Well, our hosts must have put a boat load of work as things couldn't have gone smoother, from an amazing breakfast to chairs and table laid out outside for us to enjoy. One can stroll downtown to catch a play or to the park to mingle with swans, ducks or Canadian geese. You can even choose to lounge around the house and chose one of many delightful books offered to you. We will be back and considering you have a room with 4 beds, we will bring more friends next time.
Thank you very much and we wish you the very best for your B&B but we are sure that you will be very successful as word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Well worth the 7 hour drive.

Louis from Vaudreuil, Quebec

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A big thank you goes out to Elaine and Pierre, the new owners of Bristol House. Having only moved in a month or so ago, they have created a warm and welcoming home away from home. My beautiful room was spacious and had all the amenities you can think of (WIFI, TV). There was a small kitchenette for coffee and snacks which was made available to all guests. I must take a moment to tell you about their sheets which were the most luscious and soft sheets I have ever slept in. Everyone around the breakfast table were talking about it in the morning as a once in a life time experience : ) Extremely comfortable doesn't start to describe it - I slept like a baby!!!!! The breakfast was made with love and care, so fresh and delicious. Both Elaine and Pierre would take the time to sit and chat with me and other guests, which was so nice. Elaine's garden, which I will call it from now on, is so pretty. Instead of feeling you have to pound the pavement as soon as breakfast is over, you can sit in her garden, enjoying the morning before heading out. Thank you again and see you soon. Gitte from Montreal

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely cooled and very comfortable. All rooms have their own bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

May, 2014 Just got back from three nights/five plays visit to Stratford Festival Opening week. Thanks to our fantastic Hosts and comfortable B & B we had our best return visit ever. Our room was quiet and tastefully decorated. Days started with outstanding breakfasts-every day creative and tempting treats appeared! I was able to enjoy the garden while sipping coffee on our own mini deck outside our room or on the patio. Truly relaxing atmosphere. The location is terrific for an easy stroll to all the theaters and many great restaurants. My husband and I also enjoy walking along the Avon every day. The Bristol is comfortable and well kept with many extras like a small kitchen, FAST internet, and ample off street parking. Already looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: All four en suite bedrooms were very nice- I would be happy in any of them. We were in the Venetian...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple