My husband and I stayed at The Parlour for one night when we attended an evening performance of The Music Man. This hotel has much going for it.
First, the location is excellent. It is within walking distance of The Avon, a mere five minutes and you are there. It is also located in the centre of the shops and restaurants. Unless you have tickets at the main theatre, The Festival, you will park your car and not move it for the duration of your visit.
Second, the downstairs pub/restaurant is convenient and very good. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch there. Try the butter chicken, very yummy. We also had drinks on the patio after the performance and breakfast the next morning. Really good food and very reasonably priced.
Finally, the service in the hotel and the restaurant is excellent. Reception was quite happy to accomodate a request for an early check-in, which we really appreciated. Staff exchanges throughout our stay were always pleasant and friendly. A request for extra towels was answered promptly. The people who work in this hotel are genuinely concerned that their guests have a nice stay.
We stayed in a room overlooking the patio and it wasn't quite what it appeared to be in the picture ,posted on the hotel web site. Instead of a loveseat and coffee table, it had two chairs and a smaller table. It had been redecorated with newer curtains and bedding. I was surprised that the hotel uses bedspreads and blankets instead of duvets and there was no full length mirror in the room. My other criticism of the room was the washroom. The shower was small and the sink had very little storage area for personal toiletries. It was cramped. The room had a corner jacuzzi which was quite nice and quite large.
Overall, our visit was a good one in this hotel and we will consider staying there again when we visit Stratford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Parlour Inn! Downtown. This historic property is located in the heart of the downtown and just minutes away from Stratford's business parks, Stratford festival theatres and adjacent to the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus. Fantastic dining room and Steakhouse on site. Meeting and conference rooms available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your The Parlour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Parlour Historic Hotel Stratford
- Best Western Stratford
- Stratford Best Western
- The Parlour Inn Stratford, Ontario, Canada