The Parlour Inn
Albert Square(Stratford)
The Bruce Hotel(Stratford)
Rosecourt Motel(Stratford)
View Hotel
All reviewspavlovavintage hotelsshuttle servicegastro pubfree shuttleprime ribniagara on the lakeavon theatrein townwithin walking distancequaint hoteldining roomtwo bedroom suitejacuzzi tubfront desk staffkeurig coffee makeroutdoor patio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2009

The hotel was nice. Suzanne at the front desk was the nicest person and a wealth of information. Be sure to ge local information form her before you start out for the day. We were in room 306. The room we had was small (as I was told when I made the reservation.) But it was clean (see pictures) and adequate for a one or two nite stay. The only negative at all is that the wall between the next room is pretty thin and you could hear almost everything that was going on in there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Staff couldn't be friendlier and more accommodating. Four of us shared a two bedroom suite. You can see layout on their website. Perfect. Restaurant is quite good. Limited but broad range dinner menu. Wine prices reasonable but selection quite limited. Breakfast is great!!
Location is central - easy walk to downtown. A bit more of a hike to the Festival Theatre.
But what makes it are the staff. Especially the receptionists are all friendly and caring.
This was our second time back but it will not be our last.
A real treasure!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2009

It rained so much in Stratford, not even Colm Feore, as Cyrano de Bergerac, could keep me dry...using his nose as an umbrella! At the very least, I had a warm, comfy, and...dry place to return from the cold and the drizzle. The price was right ($253.30 + taxes for 2 nights in a King Suite) and all the little things were included as standard. I recently returned from a trip to Berlin where I stayed at a medium chain hotel infected by the Swine Flu of Evil Capitalism cutting back on all the little things to fatten up a CEO’s (oink, oink) bank account: Nose blowers, mini-fridge, free internet, free newspaper, to name a few.

As a bonus I received a coupon for a free pint of beer, which came in handy as I had ordered their ‘Cyrano de Bergerac’ sinus clearing curry veggie-rice-chicken delights served up in the biggest bowl I have seen in my life! My taste buds rejoiced, as did my ears, which were treated to crystal clear classical music and zero clatter emanating from the kitchen.

As an added bonus, the BW Parlour is located just a few minutes stroll to the Avon Theatre on a quiet street. The only noise or criticism I have to offer up was the hum from my mini-fridge at night, which I disabled by turning it off. If you don’t have a lap top, no need to worry...the BW has a small office space with printer-Free of charge. You can also work out if the 20 to 25 minute walk along the Swan ruled Avon River to the Festival Theatre is not enough exercise for you.

All of the staff from the waitresses to reception were very attentive and friendly. My room was Mr. Clean and I was delighted at the size of the shower. They also have an elevator at the BW, which not every hotel (Mercer Hall Inn) in Stratford can boast of. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We went to Stratford to see a play on our way to Niagra Falls - decided on the Best Western and were glad we did. It was perfectly located near the Avon Theatre and right in the area of downtown. There was not a huge parking lot, but we did get a spot right at the hotel lot.
There were two teenagers and two adults and we booked a two bedroom suite. It was one of the most beautiful hotel rooms we've ever been in. It was not overly huge, but it was remodeled to perfection and was super comfortable. The only thing I wish was different was that each room had a queen bed and it seems that one of the rooms should have 2 twin beds...
There is a restaurant/bar right in the hotel, but also plenty of food and drink choice in the area. There is a spa right next door, but we did not have time to check it out. It is not a large hotel, but I think they did everything right with the remodel and the desk staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Although I love this hotel, Room 307 (one part of the Patterson Suite) is simply too small to rent to a family of four. The room consists of (1) a small bedroom that holds only a bed and two nighttables, with no floor space (the bedroom can be closed off from the living room with pocket doors), along with (2) a very small living room that is just large enough for a twin sized sofa bed and a couple of chairs, and a TV. We managed to fit the second child on the floor with some blankets but had to step carefully over him in order to get to the bathroom, which was the only spacious room and has a jacuzzi tub. This suite, which has a nice view and a fireplace, is a cozy place for two or three but the hotel should not be renting it to a family of four, and at $250 a night you'd be better off renting one of the newly renovated single rooms with a couple of queen sized beds and room for a rollaway, which are substantially cheaper. That said, the hotel is luxurious, the front desk help far better than the last time we visited, the restaurant very accommodating with a good selection of interesting food, and the hotel is both centrally located and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family