“Just Gave Up”

Ranked #89 of 135 Restaurants in Stratford
Ontario
“Just Gave Up”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I have been to Boston Pizza multiple times over the past few years (mostly because I have an aunt that keeps giving me gift cards for the place) and to be honest most of my visits have been underwhelming.
My big complaint is that I find most of the food (other than the pizza) to be just "bland". Portions are good though.
Drinks are WAY overpriced (for pop) but pizza is tasty. Unfortunately they redid the menu a while ago and my favourite pizza is no longer offered...
Anyway... For the price this place is just too hit or miss for me. If you just want to grab a pizza perhaps it's not a bad option but beyond that... Meh!

Alberta Canada
“Friendly Chain Eatery”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Another place in Stratford with friendly service, reasonable prices and predictable menu for locals and out of town theatre visitors. Just tell them you are heading to the theatre for faster service. Pub and pizzeria type atmosphere with a more extensive menu than expected. I have been there several times on visits to town.

Visited June 2013
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Great for groups - excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I'm the high school trip and event coordinator for our school (Bloomfield Hills, Michigan) and I plan at least one trip to the Stratford Festival each year. We are always on a tight budget, and I used to run the kids through a fast-food restaurant for dinner before our long drive back home. Then I met Dan Smith at Boston Pizza (729 Erie St.) -- now we have a wonderful, sit-down pizza and salad meal and discuss the play we've seen. The service at the Boston Pizza is fantastic! This is the perfect finale to a day in Stratford! Email Dan Smith: smithda@bostonpizza.com for reservations.

• Visited May 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Post-theatre meal hits the spot”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

As good as the plays usually are at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, it can be very challenging to find a restaurant--especially on a weekday--that is open after the final curtain falls.

What luck to find this Boston Pizza open and eager for business (but order quickly: the kitchen closes at midnight) and on Pizza Tuesday, no less!

The garlic bread with cheese topping was ideally warm and fresh. The seafood fettuccine had generous helpings of scallops, shrimps and muscles mixed into the colourful plate. Only the chunks of salmon--a bit dry--disappointed. My affable server, despite me being the sole occupant of the dining room, was attentive and helpful throughout. A glass of Lindeman's Bin 95 also hit the spot.

While near the city limits on the way out of town (towards London), it's good to know that a quality meal can be found after the high drama at the festival.

• Visited August 2013