“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indiana
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

I am a regular visitor to the Stratford Festival, and the Arden Park is hands down my favorite place in Stratford. Top notch service, rooms that are always incredibly comfortable and clean, and a nice pool/hot tub area. The hotel is a 10 walk from the Festival Theatre, a 20 minute walk to the Tom Patterson Theatre, and a 30 minute walk to the Avon and Studio Theatres.

Put simply, this hotel is always our first choice in Stratford. In fact, in the event that the Arden is booked up, we'll even reschedule the trip to get their when the Arden is available. I give it my very strong recommendation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

Our travel agent for this trip to Stratford described this as "a very nice hotel." I've stayed in many nice hotels, and this isn't one. The building looks like a concrete tenement on the outside and is gloomily appointed within mismatched faux Oriental carpeting, horrid furniture and a dining room serving what can best be described as cafeteria cuisine. Even the staff seem downtrodden and depressed. I've been disappointed to find that the amenities and ambience Stratford as a town offers don't live up to the sophistication of its summer theater; this dowdy place sent me away wanting for better.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pvertes
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

This is a fantastic property. Our rooms were in what appeared to be the "add-on building" and had been obviously renovated to an ultra-modern state. The rooms were as nice as any high-end downtown Toronto hotel. Beds were very comfortable (similar to a Westin Heavenly Bed). There was free high-speed (wired) internet service that was dependable.

The wake-up calls were dependable, and on time every morning.

The bathroom was ultra-modern with nice amenities.

There were four or five pieces of equipment (modern) in the work out room which were great--however, the swimming pool was over-heated, over-chlorinated and looked cloudy.

The staff at the front desk were very pleasant to deal with.

The hotel is approximately a one-to-two minute drive from the heart of the downtown theatre and restaurant district. It is located in a very quite residential area just on the edge of the town centre.

Iron and ironing board provided in room.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

I recently stayed at the Arden Park Hotel while on a Theatre trip with High School Students. I was pleasantly surprised that the school booked such a nice hotel for our trip.
The room I shared with my daughter and her friend was large, clean and had everything you could need. The front desk staff were accomodating very helpful. I was concerned that we would be relagated to an older part of the hotel as we were a group with teens but everyone was treated the same.
The three of us had lunch in the bar and although we had to wait a bit the food was excellent, we were compensated for our wait with free dessert which was spectacular.
The only complaint I would have is that as this hotel is very close to the Festival Theatre many patrons dine in the hotel. They would be well advised to put on extra staff at night as we once again had to wait over 20 mins to have our order taken and another 15 mins before our appetiziers came. The drinks came later. The food was excellent and the server was very apologetic but it was obvious it was not her fault but rather lack of adequate staff to accomodate the pre-dinner crowd.
We have booked a long weekend in Stratford and will be going back to the Arden Park. It is close to the theatre and within walking distance of the Avon Theatre and downtown.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues!

• Stayed May 2009
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2008

I am always pleased with Arden Park Hotel. I have brought a group of ladies here four times since 2003.

The staff is very professional. Check-in is easy and check-out is efficient. The rooms are very clean. If possible you should ask for a room or suite in the new wing or a redecorated room in the old wing. The new wing rooms and suites have a nice green on the walls, cherry furniture and white bedding. It is warm and cozy. The old wing rooms that have older furniture and rust/brown colors but are larger than the new wing. I understand they are starting to redecorate the old wing.

The hotel has a small indoor pool and jacuzzi. Coffee is available in the lobby in the am. The rooms also have a refrigerator.

The hotel has an amazing Sunday brunch that shouldn't be missed if you are staying on a Saturday night. I have not eaten in the regular restaurant.

The hotel is about 4 blocks from the Festival Theatre but is about 8 blocks from the restaurants and stores on Ontario Street. Most if not all people will have to drive to the Avon Theatre. In good/warm weather you can walk downtown.

The people in Stratford are always friendly and the Staff of Arden Park is no exception.

• Liked — Cleanliness of hotel and professionalism of staff
  • Disliked — empty lot next door
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

I recently stayed one night at the Arden Park Hotel with girlfriends. We had two suites (Rooms 240 and 340) each with two queen beds and a sitting room. Our suite was lovely. Nice sitting area with a desk and chair, loveseat and two chairs, fireplace, bistro table and chairs, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There were french doors to the large bedroom. Bathroom was also a nice size. The room was spotless and nicely decorated -- we were very pleased.

The only negative was the drink we ordered in the bar. My friend and I each ordered a White Russian. It was the worst drink I've ever had. Very little Kahlua, no vodka and what tasted like skim milk. It was bad. However, the bar was nice and my friends ordered wine, which they loved. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment.

All in all a very nice experience at the Arden Park. I will stay here again when visiting Stratford.

• Liked — Beautiful Room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2008

The rooms are really nice. Well furnished, quiet, solid.

We're booked in for a conference, where the hotel is providing the facilities. The last session is to end at 12:30, where my spouse is. I'm in the room.

I did not think to ask for a late checkout. The checkout time is not noted in the room or on the folder with your key.

Housekeeping came knocking at 11:30, told me I shouldn't be there. Then told me to call the front desk to ask for a late checkout. I did that, and they would not give us one.

Since they're providing the facility for the sessions, I think they should be more flexible if they want the conference back next year.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CanadaTwo