“O.K.”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Toronto
“O.K.”
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Mercer Hall Inn. I would just like to warn people staying here that although the room was o.k. It is a very odd establishment. I read every review and was shocked to see every reviewer rating it 5*...I thought this place must be fabulous. Please let me enlighten you...

It is not a bad place to stay, however a few things to bear in mind:

If you are used to a regular hotel, with a lobby, reservation desk
etc. you will be surprised. You walk into a restaurant and there
you find a small opening that is where you check in..just odd, not
horrific

The room itself is clean and comfortable and the books and CDs
a nice touch. The cookies were yummy and we made
use of the water after all the walking we did

Breakfast is included and is ok. (the home fries are frozen
not homemade..disappointing to us but that's what makes
breakfast for my husband and I)

All is all ok. the only real complaint I would have is the bathroom
it was small and outdated..I wish housekeeping and washed the bath out and not just made the bed...but again just a personal thing.

This is not a bad choice as I have to say I think all of the accomodations in Stratford may be above restaurants..I'm not sure.

I am not recommending people stay at Mercer Hall or saying they
should stay away from it. Just a warning to those who are used to 4-5* accomodations in hotels.

• Liked — The cookies
  • Disliked — the bathroom, weirdness of location(above a restaurant)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TorontoKaren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tillsonburg,Ontario
Reviewed 15 June 2008

My fiance and I just returned from a stay at the Mercer Hall Inn. The establishment is absolutely beautiful, the staff are great. The room was clean and very comfortable, lots of attention to detail. This a great place for someone like myself whom is tired of the regular, "Niagara Falls" trap. The town is also full of charm. We will be back in the fall.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Woodstock
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Went to Mercer Hall with my husband, sister and brother-in-law. Celebrating my sister and I's birthday, what a great way to celebrate. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and welcoming, with king size bed, huge jacuzzi tub, fireplace and cookies, fruit and ground coffee for the morning, doesn't get any better than that, can't forget to mention the great selection of CD's and reading material in the room, they really make it feel like home. Had lunch at Tango's and food for delicious, the service was fantastic and the staff was welcoming. I would recommend Mercer Hall to anyone visiting Stratford.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and the rooms were clean
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
ontario
Reviewed 22 March 2008

We have stayed several times at Mercer Inn and each time we visit it just keeps getting better and better!
Ten reasons why we love Mercer Hall:
1. The beautiful decor of the rooms-all tastefully and beautifully designed.
2. The sense of romance when you walk in the room-the fireplace, the hot tub.
3. The added touches-cookies, drinks, music and books.
4. The friendly and accomodating management and staff.
5. The free breakfast offered in the morning.
6. The soft and comfortable bed.
7. The staff work quickly to satifsy your every need-towels, bathroom accessories etc.
8. The sense of being whisked away to another place in another time.
9. Its location-right in the center of a quaint city-with all its little shops and cafes.....
10.Free parking

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank shelio
woodstock
Reviewed 17 March 2008

My husband and I just spent an overnight getaway for my birthday at Mercer Hall Inn. It's a hidden gem of a boutique hotel on the main street in Stratford. The rooms are gorgeous and tastefully decorated. With fine touches that make you feel right at home and yet spoilt at the same time. A comfortable king-size bed and comfy duvet cover, a fireplace at eyelevel, laize chair, a choice of CD's to listen to of local artists, fresh fruit and cookies upon your arrival and an added touch of your own fresh coffee grinds with actual cream in the mini-fridge for in the morning. We also had a jacuzzi tub with his & her robes and all the amenities at your disposal. Overall you will not be disappointed with a booking at Mercer Hall and as an added bonus, lunch/breakfast or an early dinner are available just downstairs at Tango's diner. Trust me you will not be disappointed with your stay at Mercer Hall Inn.

• Liked — The bed - so comfortable.
  • Disliked — Sorry, can't think of anything!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed 16 October 2007

My husband and I decided to stay at the Mercer Hall Inn for our First Anniversary. I can honestly say without a doubt that it was the nicest room I have ever stayed in! (Far nicer than any of the expensive fancy hotels in Toronto!).

The room (209) was immaculate and beautifully designed. Everything looked brand new. The jacuzzi tub was the most comfortable I have ever used. The bed (with down comforter and pillows) was incredibly luxurious.

Little touches around the place just completed the experience, from the local herbal tea, cookies and apples provided at no extra cost, to the DVD, CD and book libraries.

I have been telling everyone I know that they have to see this place. We had a wonderful time!

• Liked — The beautiful decor
  • Disliked — There are lots of stairs to climb to get to the room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sande_beach
Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I've had multiple stays at Mercer Hall, all in room 303. I love the way Dave Martin (owner) tailors the room to the life available in Ontario: local music CD's, photography and artwork in the rooms. This
teaches as well as comforts.

Rooms are so well made; no cheap furniture to be seen. The view down onto Ontario Street is like watching the town of Bedford Falls from
"It's A Wonderful LIfe".

There was more road noise during this visit which made sleeping a little harder. A fan in the room would be good too in the warmer weather. Food in Tango Bistro is great, and the people who run this ship have now become part of my Stratford stay.

Once again Stratford and Mercer Hall continue to be beautiful ;)

Paul Finley