“Simply the Best!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
Alexandra Inn & Spa
Ranked #69 of 89 Stratford B&B and Inns
Springfield Township, Michigan
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 12 July 2007

My wife and I just took our 1st trip to Stratford, Ontario, where we were fortunate to stay at the Alexandra Inn and Spa. This B&B, built in the 1800's by a judge, is a classic mansion in every sense of the word, with 18 ft. ceilings, and large rooms elegantly restored and stunningly decorated throughout by the owners, the Jackson family. Grounds are large and mancured. The Inn sits across the street from a river and inviting walking park. Our hosts were warm and friendly, the breakfast superb, and the wonderfully stocked wine & liquor bar a fine treat as well! This is simply one of the finest B&B's we have seen in the U.S. or Canada. We highly recommend the Alexandra and also the top notch theater experiences offered by the Stratford Festival.

• Liked — The house, a stunning mansion
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Timetraveler50

Families
Solo
Business
Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2007

This was my 3rd visit to The Alexandra Inn in Stratford and it was as great as my first visit. The rooms, facilities and grounds are impeccable; the hosts are friendly and knowlegable. The breakfast was unbelievable with fresh ingredients grown in the garden on the grounds of the Inn. The Inn is easily within walking distance of everywhere you need to go - theatres, restaurants & shopping. Nothing beats sitting on the veranda in the evening looking out over Lake Victoria. I'm already planning my next visit to the Alexandra!

• Liked — interior & exterior; location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank BeanWein
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2007

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway and escape for a couple of days. We made the perfect choice by selecting the Alexandra Inn and Spa. The Alexandra Inn is a stunning old mansion built over a 100 years ago and tucked away behind big beautiful trees by a river. We felt as though we were in heaven.
The staff at the Alexandra were very hospitable and genuinely friendly. We had the most exquisite breakfasts I have ever had and my food sensitivities were taken into account (which is very important for me).
One thing I really liked about the experience was that although the staff and owner were very friendly, they were not overly interfering which allowed my husband and I some privacy.
W also had some of the Spa services. The experience was nice. For a great massage ask for Heidi!

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank MargaritaToronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stratford
The Stratford Hotel
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
#1 of 3 in Ingersoll
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel

Been to Alexandra Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!