“Nice little place”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Paris, Canada
“Nice little place”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Found this motel to be very clean. The rooms and the grounds are very well kept. If your looking for a reasonable price and comfortable simple accommodations this will be the place for you. It is on the edge of town so if your wanting to be in the middle of it all this not where you want to book.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nothing fancy, but a nice place to stay. Room was clean and quiet. Coffee maker, small fridge and iron and ironing board in room. Pool (outdoor, closed at our visit for season) and tennis court. Nice grounds. Complimentary coffee, muffins and juices in the in lobby in the morning. Owners were very friendly. We'd stay again.

1 Thank celtichound
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My daughter and I were attending a family wedding in the Stratford area and booked a room at the Suburban Motel. After speaking with Mandy on the phone when I made the reservation, I had a feeling that we were going to be pleased with this place. She was so warm and friendly and we spoke at length about the area, which was really helpful to me, since I had never visited Stratford before. Our room was clean and well-appointed with lots of lighting and a great TV. The beds were comfortable, and we were pleased to find a mini-fridge in the room. The morning coffee was delicious!
As we were preparing to leave the next morning, we discovered our truck battery was dead! Mike happily got his jumper cables and drove his vehicle over to our parking spot and hooked us up in no time! What a lifesaver! Thank you again, Mike for helping us out.
Mike & Mandy, you have a lovely spot, and the two of you are perfect hosts. I would recommend your motel to anyone, and if I ever am in the area again, I will certainly stay with you.

3 Thank stonefountain5876
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Suburban Motel in Stratford is lovely - there are many motels and bed and breakfasts in Stratford, but this is the one where my family has always gone. The owners are so nice, the rooms are clean, they're comfortable, and you'll be shocked at how quiet it is. There is a fridge in the room, and there is morning coffee, etc., in the morning. It's not the fanciest of places but perfect for us. We will never stay anywhere else when we attend the Stratford Festival.

Room Tip: I believe the corner rooms are larger
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Motel is clean and comfortable. A bit out of town but convenient non the less Three couples stayed there on our recent visit. I would like to return in the summer to enjoy the pool and other things to do in the Stratford area. We liked the comprehensive informational booklet in the room. Very warm and accommodating owners who take pride in their business.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mallorytown
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I , along with another couple, spent two nights at the Suburban Motel while attending two performances at the Stratford theater. This was our third trip to Strafford in the past two years and our third stay at the Suburban. We booked on the spur of the moment and managed to get two rooms! Mandy and Mike are first rate hosts, friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. We enjoyed our lunch and a glass (plastic) of wine at the pool as soon as we arrived and despite the showers we stayed dry. I have previously enjoyed swimming in the pool but the temperatures were a little cool given the weather during our visit. I have recommended this motel to other friends and will continue to do so. The morning coffee and muffins are an added treat. You will not be disappointed staying there. While others find it a little too far out of town for walking I always walk in and meet my wife at Features....I get my exercise and don't feel a bit guilty when I sit down to a hearty breakfast. Thanks Mandy, Mike and staff. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: did not rate the restaurant or fitness centre only because they don't exist...but the pool is cl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed at the Suburban Motel while attending the Stratford Festival. We enjoyed the country setting and small balcony that looked out on the corn fields. The pool and gazebo area were also a nice place to relax between shows! The morning coffee, juice and muffins got us on our way. Having a fridge was handy to supplement our snacking needs! The only disadvantage was that it was too far to walk to town. Also, the entry to the property is a little tricky to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out on the corn fields!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends