Alban Abbeys Bed & Breakfast
Mercer Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$148
Queen's Inn at Stratford(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$166
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$134
The Swan Motel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$109
The Bruce Hotel(Stratford)
US$346
Suburban Motel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Majer's Motel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Parlour Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$157
The Stratford Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$170
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2007

My husband and I spent our 1st night away from our twins, in Stratford, Ontario. We took in a play at one of its great theaters, which we really enjoyed!
Beforehand, I did alot of reading and searching for the best B&B. Alban Abby's caught my attention because it was was not a typical B&B - it actually calls itself an INN now, as it's not a personal residence. Visitors can come and go, without feeling like they are disturbing the family or intruding. We could come in late, and it was ok.
It boasted about all the celebrities and dignitaries that had stayed in its rooms, which was pretty exciting for me! Even William Shatner stayed there with his sister!
Parking is free, behind the suite. It is a bit of walk to the theaters and shopping, so we drove and paid for parking downtown.

We stayed in the England Suite, which is the 1st room on the 1st floor. It was a spacious room, with a private bathroom and its own sitting area and front sun room. The bed was a pretty canopy bed.
However.....I have never slept on such a hard bed in my life!! From the moment I sat down on the bed, I knew that it was going to be a LOOONNNGG night. It was horrible. I wondered all night if all the beds in the house were as hard as this.

When my husband and I retired for the night, the hard bed was not the only issue.
The building right beside the Alban Abbey has security lights on the side of it, which are lined up directly with piano windows in our suite. They are as bright as headlights, and the white, transparent curtains on the window do nothing to keep the light out.
I tossed and turned on the hard bed for a couple hours, trying to find a comfortable spot where the lights were less annoying. Finally, in desperation, I grabbed some dark towels from the bathroom, climbed up on the bedside table and hung them over the small windows.
But nothing could be done about the ironing-board bed.
Since the bed was also at an angle in the corner, it was very very wobbly and shaky...which magnified every movement.
Needless to say, my husband and I were EXHAUSTED in the morning.

The breakfast was good, we shared breakfast with one other couple. We have several options for breakfast, and I think we all chose the stuffed French Toast. It was not a BIG breakfast, but it was good.

I will mention one thing that I really liked about this Inn. They provided many types of tea, coffee, juice and snacks 24 hours a day, in the dining room. This was great! We ate out at a really terrible restaurant and came back to our room starving! I quickly found apple sauce, granola bars and tea, to fill my empty stomach! This was a great idea. And since the home owners do not live there, we never felt like we were imposing on them.
If we ever stayed there again, I would certainly ask for another room, find out if all the beds are ironing boards, and just in case, bring our own Feather Bed!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank quip17