“Perfect place for reasonable rates in stratford”
Review of Rosecourt Motel

Rosecourt Motel
Rosecourt Motel
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Oakville, Canada
“Perfect place for reasonable rates in stratford”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights and would sure come back here again...

1) Nice rooms at the back
2) Quite and large rooms
3) Room provides everythin that someone needs (Wifi, fridge, microwave, AC)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Micahel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The motel has a lot of issues and is also a health hazard:

1) The air quality is terrible due to mold on the walls and smoke coming from other rooms and previous visitors. The ventilation is poor which was something that bathered my lungs. I'm lucky I don't have asthma or allergies because the air quality could trigger a serious medical problem to those with certain medical conditions.

2) There was a significant amout of visible dust especially in the bathroom which was not only unappealing but also bad for those allergic to dust.

3) The interior of the motel looked runned down, dark and depressing. The lights were not working properly and the room being so dark was really depressing. The pictures you see on Rosecourt Motel's website does not match reality and what they are doing is giving false advertising.

4) The toilet was not flushing properly and it was really annoying having to flush it at least three times.

5) Shower floor was very slippery and I nearly fell during shower. There is also a whole in the shower floor which could potentially cut your skin or cause other health issues such as sprained ankle etc.

6) The fridge in the room was not working properly. I had to throw away half of my food I brought with me. The temperature of the fridge was set to "5" (midrange) which was supposed to keep my food appropriately cold and not frozen.

7) There were dead bugs on the bed sheets. Thank god they were dead and not alive but I don't think there should be any bugs dead or alive in any motel. This is an obvious sign that something is wrong with the way this motel is being run.

8) Owner and staff of motel behaved very unprofessionally and did not have any etiquette whatsoever. Owner openly spits in public which is gross and I did not want to see that especially when I was trying to enjoy myself. Cleaning lady was cleaning her earwax with a fork while she spoke to me and this was a huge turn off for me. I was uncomfortable with their demeanor and I was also having a hard time commu8nicating with them as their English was very difficult to understand.

9) The bed sheet was damp, smelled of smoke and as a result I woke up frequently at night. Thanks to Rosecourt Motel I was sleep deprived during this whole trip!

10) They advertise for free wi fii but I had trouble with connecting to the internet. When I asked how I could connect to the internet, they were not much of a help. I was told internet was free in Stratford.

11) The door locks are very old and as a result I had a tough time to lock the door. It was a struggle to open and lock the front door.

13) Their price is not the best price as they say, you can find much better quality motels where you even get breakfast. And please, don't let the word "Rosecourt" suck you in, there are no roses here!

I think Public Health should close this place down; this place is unacceptable, I wouldn't put an animal here!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Somebody1973

Travellers are raving about these Stratford hotels

toronto
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My hubby and I stayed there for a weekend in august at the Rosecourt. Our room was at the back side close to the garden. We had memorable visit due to the fact that the shows were excellent and found a very nice place to stay. It was quite and night, which is always good for a good night sleep. Also, the staff was very friendly and was there incase we needed everything. For a motel it had everything we needed, which included the wireless service. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and definately go back there next year when we visit stratford.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Heavily armed Stratford police took down a drug operation in raids on three separate locations in the city Thursday night.

Insp. Mike Bellai said five people were arrested and drugs seized included methamphetamine, prescription painkillers OxyContin, Oxycocet, Percocet and morphine, marijuana and cannabis resin.

They're facing a number of charges including trafficking methamphetamine, prescription medication and marijuana, production of cannabis resin and possession of marijuana.

Arrest warrants were being issued Friday for another six people and Bellai said he expected they would be taken into custody over the next day or two.

Of the five people arrested, two were released on officer in charge undertakings, and the other three appeared in bail court.

The busts were the culmination of a three-month investigation dubbed Project Script, Bellai said.

Officers including the heavily armed emergency response unit executed search warrants at an apartment building at 45 Buckingham Dr., a Vineyard Village townhouse at 769 Downie St. and a room at the Rosecourt Motel at 599 Erie St.

A motel room was being used as a lab to extract the cannabis resin from marijuana shake using chemicals.

Bellai said more details would be released next week.

No one was injured in the high-risk takedowns.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank RosaElliott
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2011

First of all, I have an extremely high tolerant on a lot of things and you will see that I even made up a lot of excuses for them myself. Rosecourt is simply one of the worst that I have been in. It is old, so is understandable that not everything is perfect. I stayed there for at least 7 weeks, 4 nights per week so is fair for me to say that I know a lot about it. First, bed were made every day for only the first week that I was there, wireless internet only works for the first few rooms at up front where the office is, room is basically 3/10 for cleanness. Now here is the catch, on the 3rd week I was there I lost a $70 flash light, at the time there were no way for me to tell where did I lost it so I had to let it go, at the end of the 4th week, on the way out, I accidently left my 8gb flash drive behind, so 30 minutes later I drove back and went to the office and ask. The answer I got was rather strange, telling me that the cleaning lady has it with her and she is going to bring it back. That tells me 2 things, 1 the owner knows about it, and 2 the cleaning lady is keeping it with her but not at the office where the customer would have come back and pick up. So I told them I am in a rush so I will come back next week to pick it up. Next week I came back on Monday and I forgot to ask them about it so no one mention anything even when I sign in, until Tuesday I walked up to the office and asked for it then I get it, while I was at it, I thought I might as well ask for my flash light too. That lady answered me right the way again “The cleaning lady has it and she is going to bring it back tomorrow.” Then I know the owner is letting the cleaning lady does this, which is no different from stealing from me. That I feel really upset about, later that week my wife came in to visit me at the motel, and I saw a piece of her hair laying across the sink, right in the middle of it and that was a Thursday night. Stupid enough for me that I went back to the motel to give them a last chance and for the whole week that I was there, that piece of hair was still there, and that did it for me. I am never going to go back nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Danny Y
Michigan
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We spent one night on LAbor Day weekend at the Rosecourt Motel, which had been recommended by some friends, who stay there every time the travel to Stratford. We made a last-minute decision to go to the Stratford Festival, so our choices for lodging were limited. The best thing I can say is that our room was large and very quiet even though the motel is on one of the main roads into Stratford. But the room was overcrowded with furniture and borderline clean. There is a refrigerator and a microwave in the room and that is handy. Service at the front desk is not warm and fuzzy...in fact it's not really even friendly but they did provide ice when we requested some. There is no ice machine. The continental breakfast is marginal. The location to the theaters is not convenient. With more planning we would stay almost anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 13bato
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Room was very dirty! I got stung by a wasp that was under the edge of the bed. Could not even sit on the toilet properly as bathroom is to small. Beds were not made properly and not clean,told it was a king size bed to find it was 2 twins pushed together. No coffee maker in room,no alarm clock, no lamp shades on lights. Furniture was scratched and holes in the walls. There was a light outside the room that kept going on and off all night long. And at 7:15 in the morning someone walking into our room without announcing themself!Rude staff, no good evening , good morning or even apologies. Not worth the money to stay at !! This motel is an insult to Stratfords fine culture and hospitality

• Stayed September 2011