“Very nice find”
Review of Majer's Motel

Majer's Motel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Stratford
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very nice, reasonable motel with lovely grounds. Nice pool which we unfortunately did not have time to use this trip. But there were nice areas to sit outside and enjoy. The location was close to the theaters and many restaurants. Our room was very clean and nice. We hope to come back to Stratford and I would definitely choose Majer's again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I came to Stratford to make arrangements for a memorial service for my father who recently passed away, so I was very sad. I am from the North Bay area, so I booked the room from the information I found on the internet. From the moment I spoke to the owners on the phone, I knew i had found a gem! She was helpful, friendly and very understanding that I may not arrive very early as I had a long car trip to undertake. The room was exceptionally clean ( my mother brought cleaners and rags and could NOT find a speck of dirt anywhere - she is a little OCD, LOL!), there was no smell of mold or smoke and everything worked. We had plenty of hot water, the heat was easy to adjust to suit our needs and you couldn't hear any of the other rooms noise. On Saturday, we brought my handicapped sister over to the hotel so we could have lunch together and even though the owners were not operating their little dining room, they opened it up just for us so we could have a lovely private lunch. Absolutely above and beyond! I would recommend this motel to anyone. Fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

during the stratford shakespeare festival rooms are hard to find.we were lucky to find a vacancy at majers motel and had a wonderful visit.The rooms are neat and clean,the owners were always eager to answer any questions about getting around the town,how to find the right theatres and where the good restaurants were.Local calls are free and wi fi is free also,it is only about four minutes drive to the heart of town with lots of shopping,malls and restaurants in between.
A very good motel,good location and friendly people.we will be back next year.

Room Tip: low number rooms are close to office and brkfst room,lots of traffic coming and going.we had a high...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just returned from a night at this exceptionally clean hotel. We(3 of us) spent a night in room 20 A. 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. Lovely room. Clean and comfortable. We also got to enjoy the pool due to the September heat wave. Again clean and inviting. Beautifully kept grounds. Lovely gazebo. Great location just 5 minutes to downtown Stratford. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Lovely management and a little continental breakfast in the morning as well ...would definitely recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moira L
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I just completed my 10 day visit at Stratford, and once again, I chose to reside at Majer's Motel. The room was so comfortable and relaxing, and I was able to get a sound night sleep each and every night. Additionally, the breakfast dining area is such a nice feature to! I met so many visitors there who also appreciate all that Sandra and Art Bajwa offer their guests. Many have stayed there annually for decades, whereas others like myself have been residing there for a few years, and plan to return again for many years to come. The owners also are exceptionally helpful, and will assist in any way to make one's stay the best it possibly can be. I also appreciate the lovely landscaping with gazebo, fountain, beautiful flowers, shade trees, picnic area, comfortable outside seating areas like the deck, grilling area, and spotless pool, that is well maintained. I often sit outside in the early AM to read, and be with nature. Another nice feature is the distant sound of the train that goes through in the morning. The country setting is so peaceful, and relaxing. Additionally, the continental breakfast is very nice: with a variety of muffins from Morning Glory, Cranberry, Blueberry, and mini-croissants that are delicious with the butter and jam offered. Not to mention, there is good quality orange juice, the best brew of coffee, and tea available. Most importantly, Sandra and Art truly care about their guests, and make everyone's visit the best it can be. Every year they do more and more to keep their property up and in tip top shape. The towels and linens are of excellent quality, and the personal supplies are generous. If ever anything is needed, the housekeeping staff sees to it that any item is well stocked, and available. I truly appreciate my visit to Majer's each and every time, and I can honestly say, it makes my entire visit to Stratford very special!!! Great Theatre at the Festival, and Great Accomadations at Majer's (at a very reasonable price) is a Perfect Pairing indeed!!! Sincerely, Bill Pavlov...See you in 2014!!!

Room Tip: I have resided in many rooms at Majer's Motel, and each an every one are top notch! I especiall...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Majer's Motel is just outside Stratford City limits. It is a clean, well-kept motel with pool and the price is right (smile). I have stayed at Majer's for the last 3 years and keep coming back. It is a 7 minute easy drive to the Stratford Theatre.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Madel E
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We recently made a last minute decision to attend the Stratford Festival and of course had to find a hotel/motel or B&B quickly. I too was apprehensive of a motel because it has been years since we have stayed in one. Well, what a lovely experience we had at Majer's Motel. First of all Mrs. Bajwa was so friendly and the room that we had was big, and oh so clean, which is important. The bed was comfortable and the room was so quiet. There is a sign in the lobby that says "We collect smiles, please feel free to leave one here". It is very easy to leave a smile at such a friendly establishment. Cheers!!

Room Tip: Room 17 was very big and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends