Majer's Motel
Mercer Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$157
Forest Motel & Woodland Retreat(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$150
Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$135
BestWestern.com
The Old Rectory(Stratford)
US$216
The Parlour Inn(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$290
The Swan Motel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$108
The Stratford Hotel(Stratford)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hughson Hall(Stratford)
US$296
Orbitz.com
The Bruce Hotel(Stratford)
US$348
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe complimentary continental breakfaststratford festivalnice ownerspicnic tablesswimming poolnice pooloutskirts of townminute driverooms are cleanfree wifiwould stay againflat screen tvmini fridgedowntown areamuffinsloafplay
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked this motel over the phone for a rate of $92 for room with queen bed.
On arrival, I was greeted courteously by the desk clerk who had suggestions on Stratford sites and restaurants. Our room was in a new section and was very clean and larger than expected with flat screen TV. The grounds were very pretty and well maintained. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The interaction with the owners of this motel was HORRIBLE! They are not to be trusted. We used booking.com and were given a price of $100 a night. On site the owners charged us over $150 a night. Beyond that, the room wreaked of MOLD. If you want to read the nitty gritty....the details are below. Buyer Beware!!

My family and were in town to catch some theater shows. We booked the motel via booking.com. When we arrived it became very clear that the room would NOT work for us. The smell of mold was palpable. We tried looking at another room but it was the same. We told the owner we would not be able to stay due to my severe allergies and the very strong smell of mold. At that, she became very defensive and argumentative. She told us that she would not refund our money because they had a seven day cancellation policy. Our point was MOLD circumvents any policy as it renders the room uninhabitable. Basic contract law 101. Long story short.....she refused to back down. At one point she told me to go to a doctors office and get a medical note stating I had allergies. If I did that, she said, I could get a full refund. Can you say great customer service, NOT! Who says stuff like that? Even though we left and DID NOT stay the night she still charged our credit card.

If you are in town for a Shakespeare tragedy you can either attend the theater OR book a room with these people. Mad King Leer has nothing on the owner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TheDisneyFansFamily
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I don't usually stay at motels...that being said the maker motel was great, it's older but excellently maintained and I have been in many for and five star hotels none as clean as this room, the bathroom GLEAMED! Stratford having the theatre is extremely quaint with B and B's galore but extremely over priced! We just wanted a place to lay our heads after the performance, after reading the reviews we decided to take a chance, we payed 92. Instead of double that at a B and B and it was perfectly fine! We didn't use the pool but it looked great, there was nice patio areas set up as well really give it a try!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DWilsons5
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Majer's Motel last night. We were in town to see a play at the Festival Theatre. Last year, my husband and I stayed here. We were not disappointed on our return. The motel is very quiet--just at the edge of town. It's easy to find. The rooms are very large and nicely decorated and absolutely immaculate!!! Beds are comfortable and I've stayed in enough hotels that charge lots more that don't have beds that are as comfortable--and that aren't as clean, either. The motel has a deck and a pool. Lovely grounds and lots of flowers. The shower is excellent with great water pressure and lots of hot water. The hosts are friendly and helpful and a delight to deal with. I can recommend this motel without reservation. When I return to Stratford next year, I'll stay here again. Repeat business is the best endorsement.

Room Tip: we were in the back section of the motel this year and last year and I will ask for that section again because it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MaddyNiagaraFalls
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Majers is not a modern facility, it is an updated and well kept older drive in motel. Once you accept that you will likely be happy with the facilities and cleanliness of the rooms. Staff are friendly, and clearly they take great pride in their motel.
The location of the motel is not accurate on Apple maps (surprise, surprise) and at least one other map service, maybe Bing.
The motel is actually on the outskirts of town, but its a simple 5 minute drive into downtown Stratford - our original map showed it within easy walking distance.
I would stay here again if I couldn't get a room in walking distance of town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple