“It would be nice if you gave knifes and forks with the takeout”

Annie's Seafood Restaurants
Ranked #55 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Seafood
Niagara Falls, Canada
“It would be nice if you gave knifes and forks with the takeout”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Okay, so you decide to order some takeout food, and have a nice little picnic down by the river, you know, what the swans and ducks, the only problem is you get there, open up the bag, and there are no forks, no napkins, no ketchup etc etc, so instead of driving all the way back to Annie's you head home, so you can actually do not have to eat the food with your fingers, the place has gone down hill, the fish is always greezy, the portions are a lot smaller.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank RosaElliott

London, Canada
“Archies is now "Annies" Seafood Restuarant - Terrible Meal”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My husband and I went to the Annies located at 698 Ontario St. for lunch. We should have know something was amiss with so few patrons at prime lunch time. Our meal was served - dark, dark chips and fish. Either it was reheated many times over or the frying oil needed changing. The fish was mushy under the batter. We both (regretfully) ate some of the meal and both suffered from upset stomach for a good 24 hours. I would not recommend eating here.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank brushworks
Point Edward, ON
“We won't go back”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My husband and I chose this restaurant on a recent trip to Stratford and were disappointed with our meal. The service was good - we had to wait a while for our order to be taken, but the waitress was friendly, and our food came quickly. The food was lacking. I ordered fish and chips, with coleslaw. The fish was dry, and only just warm. The fries were dark, soggy, and room temperature. The little cup of coleslaw was not to my liking either. My husband ordered chicken strips, and they were over-cooked - almost burnt, and again his fries were limp. I looked around the restaurant and saw that many people were leaving their fries, as we did. I found it a little overpriced for what you received.... I've had larger portions for less money in other seafood restaurants, with much better fish! The atmosphere of the restaurant is pleasent - decor your stereo-typical "sea" themes. The washroom had no towels, and was less than clean. While our experience was negative, the place was quite busy, so I'm wondering if they just had an off day - but we won't chance it by returning for a second visit. There are some wonderful places to eat in Stratford - give this one a pass.

Canada
“Tasty fish and many choices!”
Reviewed 23 August 2008

Good service and the food is excellent: affordable and good variety.