“Nice lunch”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Four of us stopped here for lunch today. Our order was: steak sandwich, chicken fingers, fettuccine alfredo with chicken and a mushroom omelet. The steak sandwich was tasty but had to be eaten with a knife and fork. We were expecting thinly sliced steak and this was a steak on the bun. The side salad that came with is was not bad, but not exceptional. The chicken fingers and french fries were very good. The fries were crispy and there was not too much breading on the chicken. The chicken alfredo was also very good and the caesar side salad was better than most caesar salads I've had. The mushroom omelet was nicely cooked and stuffed full of mushrooms. Unfortunately the homefries that came with it were very salty.

The service was excellent. Our food arrived quickly and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the diningroom.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Away from the downtown core of Stratford is a little old fashioned family restaurant that is like a step back in time!! Breakfasts to die for!!! I have eaten at many many Greek style restaurants in my travels and Demetre's by far has the best tasting Mousaka! While living there for several years we went to this restaurant for our favorite meals every other week (just about)! The mousaka, gyros and Greek salad are delicious!
For dessert the rice pudding is a must! I miss Demetre's !!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had been to the Stratford Flower Show and was really chilled from the cold bldg. The waitress greeted us and I asked if I could have the warmest place in the restaurant. She seated us in front of the gas fireplace and turned it on right away. We both ordered the chicken souvlaki, with very flavorful rice and the chicken was flavored so good, nice and moist and the creamy greek salad and dressing was the best I have had. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Will come again the next time we go to Stratford. By the looks of the crowds this is a very popular restaurant with the people who live in Stratford.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

so easy to drive by this well run and super friendly restaurant
soups are home made and the service was warm and friendly
we had an hour to wait before seeing our next client and this place did not rush us out
their Greek salad was super fresh and delicious
my client/friend had one of their burger type sandwiches which looked great

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The decor needs updating - it appears tried and worn out. The food is fresh and wholesome, you will not get an upset stomach....but it is a we bit boring. The staff is older and set in their ways....a great place for seniors.

5  Thank amhoppe