“A Lovely Place to Relax and Dine--Any Meal!”

Demetre's Family Eatery
Ranked #35 of 133 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Windsor,Ontario,
“A Lovely Place to Relax and Dine--Any Meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is one of the more pleasant places to eat in Stratford. The restaurant is well appointed--brick, plants, gardens, and serves family style (plentiful) meals at respectable prices. Had a nice display of Pelee Island wines on while we had lunch so could choose from a wide range of nice wines.
Service was prompt and food tasty. Nice atmosphere--pleasant staff,,good food-- good prices..not bad for Stratford, Eh!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank NamutKwu

Mississauga, Canada
“What a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

When we got to the restaurant, we were told that a bus full of people had just arrived at the restaurant so we would be waiting for half an hour for our food. However, despite being so busy, we didn't have to wait that long before we got a table and our food. The food was simply delicious!!! Best calamari I've had in a long time. My husband had the chicken parmesan, I had fettuccini Alfredo with shrimps (huge shrimps!!) and my mother had the ocean perch. We licked our plates clean. The servers and the hostess were really nice and friendly. My only regret was that we didn't have the time to try the desserts. The next time we're in Stratford, we're definitely having lunch or dinner at this restaurant. We also got to meet Walter Gretzky!!!!

• Visited May 2014
Wilmot, Ontario
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Four of us stopped here for lunch today. Our order was: steak sandwich, chicken fingers, fettuccine alfredo with chicken and a mushroom omelet. The steak sandwich was tasty but had to be eaten with a knife and fork. We were expecting thinly sliced steak and this was a steak on the bun. The side salad that came with is was not bad, but not exceptional. The chicken fingers and french fries were very good. The fries were crispy and there was not too much breading on the chicken. The chicken alfredo was also very good and the caesar side salad was better than most caesar salads I've had. The mushroom omelet was nicely cooked and stuffed full of mushrooms. Unfortunately the homefries that came with it were very salty.

The service was excellent. Our food arrived quickly and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the diningroom.

• Visited May 2014
Howell, Michigan
“Demetre's Family Eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Away from the downtown core of Stratford is a little old fashioned family restaurant that is like a step back in time!! Breakfasts to die for!!! I have eaten at many many Greek style restaurants in my travels and Demetre's by far has the best tasting Mousaka! While living there for several years we went to this restaurant for our favorite meals every other week (just about)! The mousaka, gyros and Greek salad are delicious!
For dessert the rice pudding is a must! I miss Demetre's !!!!

• Visited July 2013
Delhi, Canada
“Great Greek Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had been to the Stratford Flower Show and was really chilled from the cold bldg. The waitress greeted us and I asked if I could have the warmest place in the restaurant. She seated us in front of the gas fireplace and turned it on right away. We both ordered the chicken souvlaki, with very flavorful rice and the chicken was flavored so good, nice and moist and the creamy greek salad and dressing was the best I have had. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Will come again the next time we go to Stratford. By the looks of the crowds this is a very popular restaurant with the people who live in Stratford.

• Visited February 2014