“The Perfect Diner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The Perfect Diner”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We've been coming to Stratford each summer for about 15 years, and we always eat here at least twice during our stay...last week we ate there 3 days in a row. It's only about 5 minutes outside of the tourist area by car, and easy to get to.

The servers are friendly and helpful, the food is delicious and plentiful...I especially love whatever soup is on for the day because you can tell it was made from scratch.

The "special" each day seems to be a regular menu item which is about $1 off. Yesterday I got the fish on a bun which included a big hunk of hand-battered cod, slaw, choice of potatoes and soup for $8.95. I was too full for dessert so I took a butter tart home for later.

My other favorite is the sausage w/ kraut.

Love love love Madelyn's Diner!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TommyBear

USA
“A Well-Kept Secret”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My granddaughter found Madelyn's listed in a restaurant guide that we received at the motel when we checked in. Although it is located outside of the main area of Stratford, it is worth the trip. The food and service are excellent and the prices are the most reasonably priced in the area. We went there for breakfast during our stay and my granddaughter especially liked the Mickey Mouse pancakes. This place is a real winner!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank SassyUSA
Stirling, ON
“Good food, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Madelyn's is located outside the main tourist drag and seems to cater mostly to locals. While my father was in hospital in Stratford, this became my restaurant of choice. Excellent, if simple, food, Very reasonable prices, and friendly service for breakfast lunch and dinner.

• Visited August 2010