“Not bad - but what you would expect from Pizza fast-food”
Review of Pizza Pizza

Ranked #96 of 135 Restaurants in Stratford
Price range: US$2 - US$19
Cuisines: Pizza
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not bad - but what you would expect from Pizza fast-food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After eating out every lunch and dinner during a visit to Stratford - I was in the mood for pizza in the hotel room. They guaranteed the pizza in 20 mins or free - and it was ready on time. It wasn't the best pizza I'd ever had - but absolutely nothing to complain about. The pizza fixed my craving, made my happy to stay in the room on a rainy night - and wasn't any more $ than a typical pizza fast-food.

• Visited June 2014

Stratford, Canada
“Should Avoid It..”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The pizza always takes more time than any other pizza place in the town, moreover the owner/manager seems disinterested in any of your complaints about the food.

Also, the service is pathetic..

• Visited October 2013
Stratford, Canada
“Walk away!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

They didn't get my order right and the food tastes funny! My stomach wasn't laughing though!!! The best thing I can say is that the place was clean.

Visited July 2013
Ontario
“Birthday pizza”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The pizza was average. Whole wheat crust was good, short on toppings and sauce. Driver arrived without a debit machine, as well as a too detailed explanation as to why he didn't have one, so had to scramble for cash.

Visited February 2013
Stratford Ontario
“Service is absolutely APPALLING!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've tried with a few other sites to leave the following review, and for some reason it's constantly deleted, or ratings suddenly disappear altogether. I just came across this website today, and I'm hoping that this time that won't happen again.

Unfortunately, I too have a negative review for Pizza Pizza Stratford. I apologize for the length, it's long but the details cannot be left down or minimized.

- One evening, decided to order 2 pizzas and garlic stix for dinner. One pizza was specifically requested to be thick crust and well done.

- Chose the "Pay By Debit" option, as our car was off being repaired, and we had little choice in the matter. We were fine with the $1 extra added to the bill for this service.

- Pizza arrived right on time. However, the debit machine was not working, and the driver mentioned that it had been an issue his entire shift. We were told that we could start our meal, and after he got his immediate deliveries completed, he would return with a new machine. Wait time was estimated to be roughly another 30-40 minutes, which was no problem.

- Upon opening the pizzas, the one that was supposed to be thick crust and well done was anything but. The crust was thin and flimsy, and the toppings slid right off of the slices as they drooped towards the floor.

- Called the restaurant, greeted the girl with a friendly "Hello", and stated that I needed to report an issue with my order. Was cut off with the following response "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don't care about that, I'm not interested in your problems. You haven't paid for your meal, and until you do we're not able to help you".

- Being shocked at such an answer, I calmly replied that the debit machine had not worked, and that the driver was taking care of the situation. I then asked if I may please have some help about the quality of my food. I was told we are 'non-paying customers', and to get to the store immediately to pay off the bill. I reminded her that we only had debit and no way of getting to the restaurant. She shouted at me that debit is not available in our area, and that it was OUR fault for not knowing that before ordering.

- Hubby took the phone at this point as I was speechless, and said that we were not trying to get out of our amount owing, but rather being made to wait because the service we had paid extra for was not working. They'd had 40 minutes to call and tell us about the debit issue and hadn't, so we couldn't possibly be held responsible. He was promptly hung up on.

- I called back, and this time spoke to the pizza cook. The only thing he was good for was arguing with me that my pizza was perfect, and when I asked if I could have the driver send it back to prove I was right, he called me a *female dog* and hung up on me.

- Finally, the third time I called, it was the manager who answered. I remained cool and collected, and stated that I was extremely disappointed at being hung up on not once, but twice. I told him that I had a genuine issue with my order, and asked if he would please listen to me and try to help. He apologized for the hang ups, and told me to continue. As I was telling him what the problems were, he interjected with "Oh! You're the ones refusing to pay your bill! Until you do, we're not dealing with you anymore. In fact, we may need to call the police because you've committed theft!" and HUNG UP.

By this point, I was hungry, angry, frustrated and in tears. Just as I put the phone down on the table, we heard a knock at the door. The driver had returned, with a new machine in hand. Less than 30 seconds later, our order was PAID IN FULL, no ands, ifs or buts. I was still visibly upset, and he apologized profusely for what we'd been through. Turns out he isn't an employee of the restaurant, his services were outsourced by the company for deliveries only. He gave us his contact information, and encouraged us to speak to the Pizza Pizza head office in Toronto first thing the following Monday morning.

So that's our experience. In the end, I spoke with two people from Toronto. One was a base level customer service rep who offered us a $10 voucher (hardly worth it really). The second fellow was actually a Customer Service Department head manager who'd heard about my experience after the voucher had been issued. He offered to give us another voucher for the entire cost of the meal, but we politely declined. He was completely shocked and embarrassed by our story, and couldn't apologize enough.

We used the $10 voucher a month later for a couple of panzerottis, which ended up being prepared incorrectly (not surprised). At least this time, the problem was taken care of immediately, and the only money we actually paid out of our pocket was a tip given to the same driver we'd had before. Since then, we've avoided Pizza Pizza altogether, and we will NEVER give them our business again.

• Visited May 2011