“Nice Hotel”

Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is my first time staying at this hotel, I normally stay at the Hampton Inn next door. Both hotels are nice, the staff here at the Homewood Suites are excellent, the English girl on the front desk was a great help. Aesthetically the hotel looks pretty bland from the outside, its a pity the large chain hotels stick to the same old stuccoed outsides, big and boxy...not much thought put into these hotels by the architects. Inside the hotel is nice, I had a suite on the first floor and I was very clean, well set up, full size fridge, stove, microwave, sink, utensils etc...very well set up kitchen. The bathroom is clean and the shower was excellent. The bed was as always at the Hilton chains...very comfortable, I have never had a bed I did not like and I stay at hotels a third of the year. Breakfast was your typical breakfast, a welcoming start to the day. The hotels location is close proximity to Timmies, a Metro Supermarket, Swiss Chalet etc. I would stay here again when I come back to Sudbury for business. Only downside to my stay this time is having some neightbor in the room next door complain that my TV was too loud, not just one neighbor but according to the front desk "I have had multiple complaints"... My TV's volume was at 14... Now ofcourse the noisey dogs that were barking don't seem to bother people (Yes...dogs walk the halls with their owners here) but a TV that is at 14...'Multiple Complaints'!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kiwionarope
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear kiwionarope,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience the amazing customer service that I am proud my front desk team can provide. I, myself, am puzzled why you would be receiving noise complaints from your tv only and have passed the comments along to our maintenance staff to look into. Thank you again for informing us of the problem.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel was easy to find, location was central, parking was ample. The hotel itself was over the top clean, the managers evening reception was fantastic. Being fed dinner was a plus as well as being fed breakfast. The rooms i cannot say enough about. Clean, roomy, well-equipped. I felt as if i were at home and not at a hotel. Gym facilities were well-equipped as well. Loved my stay and would stay again and again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Geraldine D

Dear Geraldine D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us! I have passed on your kind words to our housekeeping department who strive every day to keep each and every room sparkling clean!

We look forward to having you stay with us again and again! If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

As part of a group booking, my wife, son and I stayed here over the weekend of July 4-6.

The rooms are clean and in good condition and are what one would expect for a fairly new Homewood. The price however (we pd $150/night, published rates were $163) seemed a little high for Sudbury. These are prices I would expect in Toronto, not here.

Some points about the room:
- the air conditioner was very loud, such that it effected our sleep by its constant cycling on and off;
- the ceiling fan had a huge wobble in it, making it useless to aid in the room air quality;
- the bathroom is semi-open concept; the shower and toilet are private but the sink is open to the room;
- the ice maker did not work in the fridge and there is only one ice machine in the hotel.

I'm only giving it a 3 based on the price. If it was a little more reasonable, the price would increase.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the floodlights as the light invades the room even with the blinds closed.
1  Thank Hab_fan_will_travel
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Habs_fan_will_travel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize that you did not feel like you got value for your stay with us. If you would like to contact me directly we can speak further to the details of your stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed on night recently while doing a family road trip through the near north of Ontario. Family of four plus one grandparent, occupying a two bedroom suite with kitchen. Suite was perfect for our needs and was in top form. Staff very friendly and eager to go the extra mile. Kids made use of the pool, and we did eat the complimentary dinner (burgers) and breakfast (eggs, toast, etc) and both were very good. We had never stayed at a Homewood property prior to his trip and the decisions to stay was centred on the fact it was the only place in town I could find that had a 2 bedroom suite. We were so pleased with the experience that going forward we will consider Homewood a top choice for lodging while travelling.

2  Thank tdlfoto

Dear tdlfoto,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. Homewood Suites are my #1 choice when travelling with my family as well. The convenience of breakfast and dinner and a bedroom door that closes so not everyone has to go to bed at 8pm is what gets me every time! I am glad that you got to experience all of our brand has to offer and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Sudbury!

If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me..

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent two nights with our grandson for a lacrosse tournament. Lovely accommodation with well-stocked kitchen, better than average breakfast and very nice staff. Suite was very clean. Availability of barbecues on patio behind hotel was a welcome addition as well. Conveniently located - would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Janice R

Dear Janice R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled that you were able to spend some quality time with your family in our home!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I travel a lot for work, usually extended stays. I lived at this Homewood in Sudbury for 7 weeks with no issues the whole time. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. They have a very good house keeping staff, my suite was well looked after and the rest of the hotel areas were very well kept. I am going to stay there again next time i have a project in Sudbury.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Glenn S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! 7 weeks is a long time and we are glad we made you feel at home!

We look forward to having you stay with us during your next project! If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip for a few days.

Spacious, clean rooms, nice pool, great breakfasts with a large selection.

Would definitely recommend!

Located close to lots of restaurants and some nice hiking trails.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Verity S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. I'm glad to hear you were able to take advantage of some nice weather to do a little hiking! We are spoiled here in Sudbury with great trails and great scenery!