“Very Nice Motel & Restaurant”
Review of Chateau Guay Motel

Chateau Guay Motel
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We only stayed one night but we ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The breakfast was free - I'm not sure if that was due to our going through Booking.com or what. Very good food. The room was very clean and had all the amenities we enjoy, even an electric kettle. I've never seen in a room! The staff were lovely and since it was just a pass through not having to drive to find food was a real blessing. The bed we used was comfortable and it was a good stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Good value, clean but not fancy. There was a coffee maker in the room but no coffee. I liked the food at the restaurant but a couple of the people in our group had shrimp linguini and the shrimp was a bit rubbery, but my meal was great. There is also a little bar with a pool table just off the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My Friends and I were doing one of our annual snowmobile trips and stayed for a night in this Motel. Its not the fanciest, but its clean, warm and comfy.
They have a little restaurant and bar where you can have great meals and some fun and drinks as well. I had a problem with my snowmobile and needed to head into town to get parts. To my surprise, the owner was very quick to offer her car for me to go get the things i needed. This was an amazing gesture. It was -25 C outside and snowing like crazy.

She treated us like we were family and didnt have any concerns.

I wanted to thank her with payment but she refused. The only payment she wanted was to have our business again in the future!

1000% we will stay there again on our next outing!

Thank you Chateau Guay for the hospitality! You dont get that too many times these days!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The room smelled musty and there were hairs in the sink the bed but I'm not too fussy. Other than that, it was decent. Nice sized flat screen tv on the wall too. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

It was sled land with so many snowmobilers. I was there to do a show and did not book a room soon enough so I was stuck with a "smoking" room.
They kept it clean and it did not smell to bad.
It was as basic as it comes so thank goodness it was very cheep - $75 so I guess I can't complain to much.
The dining room cost 2 of us a total of $28 so find somewhere else to eat - the food was ok.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This isn't a fancy hotel so all you would hope for is cleanliness and comfort and the Chateau Guay delivers. The restaurant also provides good meals and staff is friendly and accommodating. Good for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbectraveller
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this place a few times. If you are looking to save money and have a clean place to stay this is it. I never had problems with anyone at the front desk, they are great, and the home cooked meals in the restaurant are good! It is close to all the major shopping too!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family