“mediocre food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
“mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

I don't get what the big deal about this place is...
the service was terrible, and if anyones ever had real indian food, they'd know this place is not authentic when it comes to the food.. .
the food was watery and runny and the samosas were white around the edges obviously because they had been in the freezer for too long..

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Sudbury, Canada
“Definitely my favourite Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

Not only my favourite Indian Restaurant, but also ties with Mr. Prime Rib as my Number 1 restaurant.

I love the natural brightness of the restaurant, but what I really love is the food. I have never been disappointed by anything that I have ordered. I particularly love the Lamb Biryani, the Chili Chicken and the Butter Chicken.

Trust me, if you want really good Indian food, go to Tandoori Sizzler---I have tried the other Indian restaurants in Sudbury and they don't compare.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Brichana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best hidden gem in this city!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

This restaurant has the absolute best food in Sudbury! We often go on Fridays or Saturdays (sometimes both!) for the buffet... never a disappointment. The beef curry is my favourite, it's so unique and delicious, like a spicy stew; my second fave is the palak paneer (spinach with cheese cubes) and mattar paneer (peas with cheese cubes). The fish curry is amazing, same with the lamb and goat, love the tandoori chicken, the naan is fantastic! And you really can't beat the price... usually under 40$ for two people for ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet!
And the owner is an absolute sweetheart, always makes the effort to come out and say hi, and offer to make you something that isn't in the buffet :)

1 Thank fishergirl106
Sudbury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian Food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

My husband and I love Indian food, but to find the best authentic Indian restaurant in town has been delightful! Chef Dhillon is amazing, the variety of plates in the daily buffet are unbelievable and you find an explosion of flavors in every single plate. I highly recommend it to everyone looking for great food and great value. He certainly makes a point to come to every table and get to know all of his customers.

1 Thank paticofeo
Sudbury
“Delicious Food and Genuine Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2010

I have never had a disappointing visit to Tandoori Sizzler! I choose to visit on the weekends for the dinner buffet. The food is delicious and hot every time. The owner's of the restaurant make you feel comfortable and welcome. It is almost a given that the owner/chef will personally come to your table to greet you and offer to cook you up something special or to your liking beyond what's on the buffet. The naan bread is fantastic (the best that I have ever had anywhere) and they keep fresh baskets of naan coming to the table throughout the dinner. Guaranteed you will leave there FULL and SATISFIED! I wish the restaurant much success! Once you visit once, you will return again and again :)

• 4 of 5 bubbles