“Excellent service! Will stay there again”

Lexington Hotel - Sudbury
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The lobby decor is somewhat dated but I was warmly greeted when I arrived and was impressed with the cheerfullness of the staff. I found the restaurant to have excellent food although the service was a little slow. I stayed there 3 nights and was quite impressed with how comfortable the beds were. I must give an extra thanks to the desk manager Wayne; twice while I was there, he took extra time to chat with me and make sure I had everything I needed. Job well done!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris R
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Worst motel I've ever been to!! We stayed there for 2 nights and we were not impressed with the room neither the motel overall. The motel is completely dirty and the staff is rude and they won't help you with anything!!We were 4 in the room and only had 3 towels, there was dust all over the place, easy to see that they probably don't move the stuff when they clean!!The room is not worth the price at all, we paid almost 400$ with the deposit for the most simple room I've ever seen!! We even broke our car because their curb is way too high, we scratched the side of our car and we went to tell them but they didn't even care, they almost told us it was our problem!! 500$ worth of damage on a car for that kind of room is not even worth it!! It was our first time at this hotel and it was our last time!! I will never ever go there again and I will not recommend it to anybody!!

Room Tip: For anybody travelling to Sudbury, I recommend Hampton Inn by Hilton, we went there a couple times a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline G

I would like to thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations on your visit with us. I am extremely sorry that you had an incident in our parking lot. The curbs are standard high and have been in place for 35 years. I hope that we get a chance to impress you if you return to Sudbury.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Horrible service. Stayed here related to a seminar/class for convenience (partner agency booked hotel for our meeting)...should have inconvenienced myself to stay somewhere better. Had to seek out staff several times when we were short chairs, room was dirty. Was tired so ate at the restaurant per the front desk worker's promise that the "good cook" was working tonight. Have never had worse service. I was the only one there and was ignored, treated rudely, and ignored some more. Burger was burnt, fries were okay. Room fairly comfortable, especially the bed, but no stairs, crappy exercise room, no business center. I travel for a living and I can honestly say, this is pretty bad. I'm not familiar with the other hotels in Sudbury, but if I were you, I'd take my chances.

Room Tip: No elevator, but also not the safest area, so the 1st floor isn't a great option. Basically, yo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. You may be happy to know that as a result of your feedback, a business center is being added to the hotel`s amenities. I thank you for your time in providing your review and hope we have a chance to impress you on any future visits to Sudbury.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

So reading the reviews to be honest I was a little scared but my friends were getting married at this hotel so we wanted to stay in the same place as the wedding and it was way better than I expected!

The staff were all wonderful, with the exception of one staff, the heavy set man that works the front desk was kind of rude to us when we walked in and kind of made it seem like we were inconveniencing him by making him check us in. Everyone else was so great!! Glenn the night shift front desk man was awesome, and helped with whatever we needed, even giving me an extra card at 330 am cause I locked myself out :) The lady in the morning at the desk was wonderful and gave me a whole bunch of first aid stuff cause I burned myself and the staff at the wedding itself were nice and accommodating.

The most important thing, the room! We got a room with a Queen Sized bed and it was so nice!! It had a separate seating room, a couch, chair, coffee table, desk and then a nice big comfy bed with an armoire and television. The bathroom was very clean as was the room! I had zero complaints!

No it's not a new hotel and no there's no pool etc but really you can't go into this hotel expecting it to be a Hilton or Raddisson, it is what it is and it's a nice hotel!! I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We stayed here for three nights in relation to a wedding that we were attending. There was a couple of issues related to room not being ready when we checked in. The clerk at the front desk was new and very polite and apologetic. Wayne or Dwayne was his name, he and Ginete were willing to bend over backwards for us. Glenn on the other hand, he made us feel as though we were being given a favor by staying there. He was short and rude with us.
The food in the restaurant is very good and the staff were prompt and courteous.
The wedding turned out very well and the rest of our stay was quite pleasant; the staff were very friendly. Nice touch by Wayne or Dwayne once again; on our last night there, he actually remembered who I was and asked about how the wedding and my weekend had gone. He made me feel right at home.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhunter07
Reviewed 30 March 2010

There are too few decent hotels in Sudbury. The average cost is pretty high for what one gets. This Howard Johnson Hotel was also average, based on the ones I've stayed at over many years. Our $110 room was in rough shape overall.

We arrived late at this no-smoking hotel and were greeted by the stench of cigarette smoke coming from the registration desk. I think our 11:30 pm arrival took the desk clerk by surprise. However, our hotel room was stink-free.

The rooms are of a good size. The heating unit clanged away, making for a difficult night's sleep. The shower controls were dodgy; had to be careful not burn myself.

The blackened cigarette burns on the toilet seat were so obvious--- why would they not replace the damaged and ugly seat?

The hotel restaurant provided a decent breakfast. Service was prompt and friendly. Their prices were appropriate. Coffee was quite good.

They need more hotel competition in Sudbury to improve everyone's game. Too few options; no new properties I'm aware of. I only recommend it because among a bad lot of Sudbury hotels, this HOJO is at least average.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here in August of 2007 for a wedding. We got a discounted rate of $90, and stayed for three nights in total. Overall, the hotel was okay.. no real problems.

The food in the restaurant was okay.. not great. We ate breakfast there one morning, and ordered room service for lunch another day. Reasonably priced -- not bad. For the rest of our meals, we asked the staff if they could reccomend a place, which they did. They also helped us find some local attractions to visit and advised us of where we could find a nice big shopping mall. Overall, the staff were friendly and helped us out as much as they could.

Our room was fairly large... and very clean. No real complaints there. The bathroom was also big and very clean. I believe we had a king bed with a small sitting area off to the side. It was upstairs on the second floor.

There was no pool or gym, which was a bit of a disappointment, but we found other things to do in Sudbury, which was alright.

If we were returning to Sudbury again, we might find a different hotel with more amenities.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple