“noisy, unhelpful and not near anything to walk to”

Lexington Hotel - Sudbury
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“noisy, unhelpful and not near anything to walk to”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

asking questions from internet to cab calling were met with mixed help and little interest.
it was noisy and disruptive at 1 am on a tuesday night.
impossible to walk anywhere from hotel, no sidewalks or restaurants in easy walking distance, and the hotel lounge isn't even always open, that said the only nice bit was complimentary drink in lounge and service there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
We would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value guests such as yourself sharing your thoughts as it allows us to improve upon problem areas. We apologize that your stay was not up to acceptable standards. We are glad you enjoyed the lounge, and we promises that should you stay with us in the future, we will endeavor to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed here on a recent trip to Sudbury. I found the hotel to be comfortable and it met all my needs. The food in the restaurant was tasty and offered very large portions. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel was quite full that night, but my questions and my request for extra towels were met quickly and with a great big smile.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Wayne T, Director of Sales at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you on your future visits to the Sudbury area.
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Okay, I have stayed in 17 hotels in the last six weeks alone. I travel a lot. I have Never written a negative review, I figure, we all make mistakes and have our "off" days. But this place begs for a negative review. To walk in the place you must walk through a minefield of cigarette butts, so many that they are stuck to the bottom of your shoes and thus the hallways are littered with Butts. the public areas are filthy and your skin crawls thinking about sleeping here. I tried to cancel my reservation at NOON and was not accommodated, the hotel is virtually empty tonight. To add misery to agony the town is much like the hotel, run down, dirty and shabby. Go someplace else.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tom1948
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay at our establishment. I sincerely apologize that our hotel and our city did not meet your expectations. I understand that the cigarette butts from the wedding the night before were cleaned up that day, but you are correct, that is an issue that should have been rectified immediately. We strive to make all of our guests experiences a positive one, and I apologize that your experience was not up to par.

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Visiting Sudbury for work, or to visit family, requires a comfortable, convenient hotel that is accomodating and safe. This hotel provides excellent service, meals and assistance for all sorts of things that "pop up". The employees make me feel like family - and assist in any way that they can. I have visited this hotel many times, and will do so again in the future. It can be my home away from home while in Sudbury!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We thank you for your continued patronage and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Markham
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Before my first stay there, I was somewhat scared after having read the reviews online. However, this was the location for my seminar and the convenience won out. I was very surprised with how pleasant things were on my first stay there. I have since travelled to Sudbury twice more and I am quite happy with the facilities. While it certainly is not a new hotel, the price as well as the quality of the restaurant and friendliness of the staff lead me to use this as my home away from home when I am in Sudbury.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful remarks. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed there in relation to a trip I took for work, but I was able to bring the family with me. I enjoyed the hotel and the city in general. The employees were fantastic and I was treated with courtesy my entire stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, and was pretty happy with overall service. When I got there, got a voucher for a free drink, which was nice. They have a pretty good restaurant and bar, where can also watch a hockey game on large screen TV. I reserved. Queen size suite, and it was definitrly worth the extra $5. The only thong to keep in mond is that they do not have continental breakfast, although they do offer pretty good breakfast from a menu, but it does take 15 - 20 min to get your order, so if you have a meeting to attend to, give yourself at least 45 min, in order to have enough time for relaxing full breakfast. Lastly, i totally do not understand where all the negative reviews are coming from.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank vozhd7
Wayne T, Guest Relations Manager at Lexington Hotel - Sudbury, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.