Best Western Downtown Sudbury Centreville
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Ontario
“Noisy!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

PROS: Convenient downtown location. Huge flat screen TV. CONS: Noisy generator or electrical room noise above us (we were on the top floor). Very dated and dark decor, especially the bathroom. Heating system loud and either too cold or extremely hot...could not find a happy medium. Arrived at night with no clue where to park. No obvious signage and had to park on street and inquire within before hand. No staff at desk upon checkout. We were left standing around and wating for quite some time. Overall, not a satisfying hotel stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank ctraynor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hamilton
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stay for one night - just driving through Sudbury, didn`t have a reservation and there was no problem getting a room. Room seem to be updated, it as nice and very clean, bed was comfy. Front staff very friendly and helpful with information on where to eat and have drink afterwards. Breakfast was included and it was your typical fair - nothing great, but it filled your belly. The area of the hotel seemed a little dodgy when we walked to dinner but had no problems. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend in October with my family and it was a very pleasant experience. The room was very clean and the staff extremely friendly. I got a call to my room within 15 minutes of arrival from the front desk just to check if I was satisfied with my room and if I needed anything. It was a nice touch and made me feel like a valued customer. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Shirley A
Boston
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The BW Sudbury has some new updates like flat screen TV's in the room and a pretty comfortable bed. The fact the walls are paper thin makes it for a tough nights sleep. Staff is super nice and you are in the middle of downtown. There is not much around to do in the city except count homeless people. Bfast was very low end but what is to be expected at a BW bfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank tmarcone
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great service, friendly staff, comfy rooms, and good price.

Stayed for a visit with family and friends. The staff was very knowledgeable of the surroundings and helped me get around Sudbury.

The location was conveniently located downtown close to many restaurants shops. I recommend a visit to Little India.

I definitely will be staying again during my next trip to Sudbury.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

During my stay at The Best Western, I loved the front desk service received by front desk clerk Jamie excellent. She was very professional and addressed all my questions and concerns promptly and with a great attitude. Although the breakfast was not to my satisfaction. Jamie had made suggestions on how to improve the quality of the breakfast such as fresh fruit. Also she had recommended a great restaurant near by and gave detailed directions which made it easy as I'm from out of town. I'd like to also add that Barb housekeeping staff was very helpful as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Arrived on a Sunday night for a week long business trip. Was not provided a room upgrade, even though reservation was made well in advance on the Best Western site with the request for an upgrade. (Best Western Rewards members that are Platinum or Diamond level typically get upgraded to the best available room). So ok, fine. I can understand that maybe the rooms got booked before my reservation was made, but still dissapointed. Anyways, was given a room without a fridge (room 311). Went down to the front desk with my emailed confirmation sent by Best Western showing that the reservation had a fridge in the room, and that I wanted at least that. She said ok, lets see what room we can go steal a fridge out of. Put a sign on the front desk saying :"Back Soon". Wow.. understaffed much?!
Went up and she looked in room 310 which had a fridge. I saw the 310 room had a TV at least double the size of room 311 and newer furniture. So I asked her, why can I not just switch rooms to this one. This request was accomodated.
Now settling into my new room. Take a quick look around. Torn up carpet, dented and cracked walls, strange white/beige crumbs on the desk chair. Get undressed to take a shower and oh, what is this? No shampoo. Get dressed. Go to the front desk to ask for a shampoo. Answer given: We placed our shampoo order a week ago and have not received any yet.
So I ask: "What are you doing for your guests that need to shower"?
Answer given: "There is nothing that we can do for them"
Really.
I have never seen this issue in a hotel ever before, and I most certainly would expect that they would at least offer to do something!
But no.
So I get in my car and go to the pharmacy to get some shampoo.
The room also had no coffee or tea, but the front desk was able to provide this upon request.
Breakfeast items. Took a look, made a coffee, took a look again, and took a pass on eating anything from here.
I stay at Best Western hotels alot. They are in almost every city that I go to for business and I am rarely dissapointed with my accomodations. But this hotel is beyond an incredible dissapointment.
I read some negative reviews on this place before coming, but retained my reservation anyways telling myself "how bad could it really be?!"
The answer: Pretty BAD!

To the management : Honestly, I have no experience in Hotels management. I stay at alot of them, but have never worked for one. But I think that anyone with any kind of business sense knows that you have to order items BEFORE running out of them. And having run out of them and being unable to resupply on time, come up with a contingency plan! Contact another Best Western and get them to send you some loaner shampoos. Go to the Dollar store and make a deal to buy a huge case of shampoos to distribute to your guests. Offer a discount on the stay. DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING! Show your guests that you're trying! That would be a minimum. It would be nicer yet if the torn up carpets and cracks in the walls were fixed before renting rooms to people, but honestly, having a bottle of shampoo is something that I would even expect from a 20$ a night motel, needless to say at every single Best Western hotel in the world.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business