“good changes,new managment doing good”

Knights Inn Sudbury
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Definately a good deal for the price and the rooms were really clean with a nice bed. The service was also great. The front desk staff was really friendly and helpful. I don't remember the name of person. And they are even having a free breakfast it's good. They have done lots of updating and are still planning more, so the rooms were good. Good location close to Hospital ,Science park & lake. Good value with free parking. Discount for over 60s and peopel visit to hospital.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry262
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Sudbury

Reviewed 25 March 2012

When we arrived there was no one manning the front desk. There was only a sign that read: " ring for service". I had to ring the bell 3x and knock on the door to there apartment in order to have someone help us. My friend and I had read about the Belmont Inn on the net, we were both interested in the Chateau Suite, the pictures were beautiful and the description of the room, was as follows " Our Chateau Suite features a waterfall, extra large double whirlpool tub, bar, fireplace and a surround sound system. " Doesn't that sound like a great night away?
Well the hole night was a mess. In order to get to our room we had to walk down a small narrow hallway ( smelt like mold, dirt and other unsanitary fluids). The room had so much water damage, they had stapled the wallpaper back to the wall. Within the first 15 minutes we realized the Tv, fire place, surround sound and waterfall didn't work. We decided we were goign to make the best of our night, since it was only one night. We prepare the hot tub, only to find out that doesn't work either( did I mention the room cost us 180.80). We complain and the staff tells us we smoked in the room( there were no signs in the room or hallway saying we couldnt smoke) and they are now charging us another 70.00 and they didn't wanna change us room. We finally get another jacuzzi suite, this one seemed to be in much better condition. The jacuzzi worked fine until it decided to power up on it's own--while we are emptying it!-- needless to say the water was everywhere. by this point it's 2am and we call the staff. He was rude, yelling at us saying it was all our fault and we were just trying to get money back because he charged us for the other room. Next morning we left at 9am. When I returned the keys the man again was yelling telling me I was a liar and it was impossible the jacuzzi would do that. Now I have to keep an eye on my credit card. Wouldn't be surprised if they over charge. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN> I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE HEALTH UNIT AND CONSUMERS BOARD> THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank pissedoffcus2mer
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Booked the room after looking on line at the price and reading lastest reviews. Big mistake. I sent an email requesting info and availability. I was visiting my daughter in the hospital and as it could be many visits before she could return home, we were looking for something not too expensive. The rate online line was not the one quoted to me in the return email. I called them and asked about the difference in price and was told that the site was in the process of being upgraded. The price online is $59.00 for 2 guests and I was quoted 65.00 in the email. Also, wanted to add another 10.00 for a 3 person. So much for hosp. discounts. The gentleman on the phone had a hard time communicating with me in English, but did reduce it to 5.00 for nthe 3rd person. Upon arriving at the very rundown motel and checkiing in I found out he had not taken any of the information down correctly. The assigned room was dirty, the carpet not vacuumed and a wet brown stain on the carpet. I went to the front desk and they changed rooms for us. The so called flat screen tv was not in either room. The fan in the bathroom would wake the dead. The night staff on the desk, when there, was rude. There was no change for their vending machines. The room had a very low table with two regular arm chairs. Not good to use your lap top. My advise, is check your room before you pay and check in. If the new owners are trying to pay for their renovations by increasing their rates, good luck to them.

Room Tip: rooms on back of motel with community balcony seem to be in better shape and quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank grammadoody
Reviewed 23 October 2011

While the Belmont has been around for years, and caters to those attending the old Memorial Hospital, its heydays have long past. The hotel has monthly clients, which may offend some people.

However, the Jacuzzi Suites are lovely! The Chateau Suite features a large bedroom with flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. The view out the window is non existent so don't even bother to look! The adjoining room contains a large jacuzzi for two, a beautiful waterfall that runs down a rock wall, a fireplace and a bar and fridge. There is ample hot water for the jacuzzi and it is very relaxing. A great experience! And the price is extremely fair! It cost me $90 for the night.

The one downside for some may be that the hotel locks the front door at 11PM and there is no one on the desk overnight. You can make entrance with your room key but it seems strange to see the front desk vacant!

All in all, there is good bang for your buck in the suites.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enercontrol
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This is an older property with new owners who have been working hard to bring it to todays standards . Good bed , nice and clean all very good, with freindly staff Continental breakfast was very very limited but at the price they rent rooms for it is understandable. also for the rate they charge there was flat screen tv fridge and microvawe was in the room. Perfect for the economy minded traveler and located close to regional hospital---will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jerry262
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Had a long drive and made the mistake of not checking the room before saying yes..
Very bad mistake, sould have asked for my money back. Mould on the shower
curtain, everything was dirty, no smoke detector and some very bad looking characters hanging around the lobby. The list goes on and on. My advise would be
to never ever stay here but there will be somebody like myself who is too sleeply to
drive by. The bedding was so dirty that I used an old sleeping that I had in the car for
bedding. Should have slept in the car. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 3Fox3
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have stayed in a lot of crappy hotels but this one was the WORST! The girl gave us our key and told us it was around back. We went to the wrong side and ended up just going through the building to our room. We opened the door and all you could smell was mold and stale. None of the lights worked in the room but one lamp. We went out the back door of the room around the front to park our car , we take this dark old unsafe looking back deck to come to about 4 or 5 of the very sketchy mOnthly renters who are looking up and down our car. It was a gong show. We didn't stay so I dont know if the beds very good but with what they let live in the hotel I strongly reccomend not to even try it. I think if your looking for any drugs next time you pass Sudbury, I do reccomend you try the bellmont! Dirty, smelly dive!

• Stayed: September 2011