“clean and comfortable”

Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto, Canada
“clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

the room was clean ,beds were comfortable there was flatscreen tv ,fridge and micro all facility we needed, staff was frandly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emely l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Greater Sudbury
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Gosh, where do I start...
The reception person had no record of my reservatiom. Overcharged me. The place was dirty and it stinks there....and those are the good points.
Live and learn, right?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Brett C

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Wont move us!! Total waste n dump!! Furniture is stained n the rooms stink!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Plzamanda
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Definately a good deal for the price and the rooms were really clean with a nice bed. The service was also great. The front desk staff was really friendly and helpful. I don't remember the name of person. And they are even having a free breakfast it's good. They have done lots of updating and are still planning more, so the rooms were good. Good location close to Hospital ,Science park & lake. Good value with free parking. Discount for over 60s and peopel visit to hospital.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jerry262
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

When we arrived there was no one manning the front desk. There was only a sign that read: " ring for service". I had to ring the bell 3x and knock on the door to there apartment in order to have someone help us. My friend and I had read about the Belmont Inn on the net, we were both interested in the Chateau Suite, the pictures were beautiful and the description of the room, was as follows " Our Chateau Suite features a waterfall, extra large double whirlpool tub, bar, fireplace and a surround sound system. " Doesn't that sound like a great night away?
Well the hole night was a mess. In order to get to our room we had to walk down a small narrow hallway ( smelt like mold, dirt and other unsanitary fluids). The room had so much water damage, they had stapled the wallpaper back to the wall. Within the first 15 minutes we realized the Tv, fire place, surround sound and waterfall didn't work. We decided we were goign to make the best of our night, since it was only one night. We prepare the hot tub, only to find out that doesn't work either( did I mention the room cost us 180.80). We complain and the staff tells us we smoked in the room( there were no signs in the room or hallway saying we couldnt smoke) and they are now charging us another 70.00 and they didn't wanna change us room. We finally get another jacuzzi suite, this one seemed to be in much better condition. The jacuzzi worked fine until it decided to power up on it's own--while we are emptying it!-- needless to say the water was everywhere. by this point it's 2am and we call the staff. He was rude, yelling at us saying it was all our fault and we were just trying to get money back because he charged us for the other room. Next morning we left at 9am. When I returned the keys the man again was yelling telling me I was a liar and it was impossible the jacuzzi would do that. Now I have to keep an eye on my credit card. Wouldn't be surprised if they over charge. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN> I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE HEALTH UNIT AND CONSUMERS BOARD> THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank pissedoffcus2mer
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Booked the room after looking on line at the price and reading lastest reviews. Big mistake. I sent an email requesting info and availability. I was visiting my daughter in the hospital and as it could be many visits before she could return home, we were looking for something not too expensive. The rate online line was not the one quoted to me in the return email. I called them and asked about the difference in price and was told that the site was in the process of being upgraded. The price online is $59.00 for 2 guests and I was quoted 65.00 in the email. Also, wanted to add another 10.00 for a 3 person. So much for hosp. discounts. The gentleman on the phone had a hard time communicating with me in English, but did reduce it to 5.00 for nthe 3rd person. Upon arriving at the very rundown motel and checkiing in I found out he had not taken any of the information down correctly. The assigned room was dirty, the carpet not vacuumed and a wet brown stain on the carpet. I went to the front desk and they changed rooms for us. The so called flat screen tv was not in either room. The fan in the bathroom would wake the dead. The night staff on the desk, when there, was rude. There was no change for their vending machines. The room had a very low table with two regular arm chairs. Not good to use your lap top. My advise, is check your room before you pay and check in. If the new owners are trying to pay for their renovations by increasing their rates, good luck to them.

Room Tip: rooms on back of motel with community balcony seem to be in better shape and quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank grammadoody
Reviewed 23 October 2011

While the Belmont has been around for years, and caters to those attending the old Memorial Hospital, its heydays have long past. The hotel has monthly clients, which may offend some people.

However, the Jacuzzi Suites are lovely! The Chateau Suite features a large bedroom with flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. The view out the window is non existent so don't even bother to look! The adjoining room contains a large jacuzzi for two, a beautiful waterfall that runs down a rock wall, a fireplace and a bar and fridge. There is ample hot water for the jacuzzi and it is very relaxing. A great experience! And the price is extremely fair! It cost me $90 for the night.

The one downside for some may be that the hotel locks the front door at 11PM and there is no one on the desk overnight. You can make entrance with your room key but it seems strange to see the front desk vacant!

All in all, there is good bang for your buck in the suites.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple