“Bemount Inn, Sudbury gives my reservation away (perhaps for a higher rate?)”

Knights Inn Sudbury
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Warning to Travellers booking the Belmount Inn as it does not mean it gets booked and hotels like the Belmount Inn in Sudbury can sell your booking if they want to (perhaps to get more money??). This happened on September 2012 in Sudbury at 11PM when we attempted to check into the Belmount Inn with our reservation. We were told by the Belmount Inn clerk that they sold the room (booked online) and we were left to find alternative accommodation for the week long Sudbury visit. (It actually appeared that they sold the hotel room while we were waiting to be checked in). They then said they phoned the booking agent and were told the trip was cancelled…hmmm really). I tried to phone the hotel desk in the morning to express my frustration but could only leave messages and calls were not returned. I eventually phoned the booking agent and they managed to contact the Belmount Inn and explained my dissatisfaction. The story from the hotel Genaral Manager appeared to change as they now claim they did not even get the hotel reservation from the agent….hmm really?. I cannot fault the agent but the bottom line is that if you book the Belmount Inn (Sudbury) your reservation can be sold without any notice. They did manage to give us a room for the night but we had to find our own accommodation for the rest of the trip. Needless to say, the rooms were not great and we will not be returning there.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank FabWonderBoy007

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have always went here for my birthday. I book a room with the hot tub, soak and enjoy my evening of quietness. THIS year, however, I discovered that it had new owners but took the room anyways, why not! WHY NOT?! I'll tell you why! The place has gotten so run down that it smells of mold in every room and my AC was not working. It was +39 with the humidex that day and I never stopped sweating the entire time I was there. I notified the front desk and told him about the AC not working and he said that he would send someone to fix it. I told him to WAIT until I notified him again because I still wanted to at least take a cool bath with the jets to freshen up. Within 2 min someone just walked in without knocking! I was standing there completely naked in front of the tub! He stared at me without saying a word. I asked him what in the hell did he think he was doing?! He said that he was there to fix the AC. By this time i had jumped into the tub and was bent over hiding my nudity. He had the audasity to complete his last few steps towards the AC to fix it INSTEAD OF LEAVING!!! Even after this ordeal I had stayed in the room because I was too embaressed to come out and thought that there would be a switch in shifts and I wouldn't have to face the same man again. No such luck. I went early the next morning to complain and demanded that someone do something about it. There were other people around and he told me to come back at check out time and he'd take care of it then. I was furious! At that time I said, "and what exactly are you going to do about it?" (I really didn't know what someone COULD do in a situation like this) He said "LOOK! this isn't your fault, this isn't our fault..." and I had cut him off at that point. I asked him, "or really? Is this a usual policy to walk right into a room without knocking once it's been paid for?" He thought for a moment and replied..."how was I supposed to know that you had other guests with you?" He obviously had me mistaken for someone else, but by THAT time I was *SO* embarassed that I turned around and left because he said this in front of about 15 people, all watching. I went to the room and packed up, cleaned and went back to the front desk. I gave him my credit card so that he could give me my deposit back. I noticed that an extra $25 was put back onto my card. I looked at him and asked..."This is your solution?! A 10% discount?!" I asked him "would YOU stand naked in front of someone for $25?...At least refund the room or something!" He said that he'd put it in the computer that the next time I stay to only charge me $100 for a room. I was speechless! He actually expected me to come back! If he would have at least refunded the cost of the room I would have kept this to myself. DO NOT GO TO THE BELLMONT INN!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T go There! You WILL REGRET IT no matter HOW cheap the room is!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank MartiniXXontario
Reviewed 21 July 2012

the room was clean ,beds were comfortable there was flatscreen tv ,fridge and micro all facility we needed, staff was frandly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emely l
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Gosh, where do I start...
The reception person had no record of my reservatiom. Overcharged me. The place was dirty and it stinks there....and those are the good points.
Live and learn, right?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Brett C
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Wont move us!! Total waste n dump!! Furniture is stained n the rooms stink!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Plzamanda
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Definately a good deal for the price and the rooms were really clean with a nice bed. The service was also great. The front desk staff was really friendly and helpful. I don't remember the name of person. And they are even having a free breakfast it's good. They have done lots of updating and are still planning more, so the rooms were good. Good location close to Hospital ,Science park & lake. Good value with free parking. Discount for over 60s and peopel visit to hospital.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry262
Reviewed 25 March 2012

When we arrived there was no one manning the front desk. There was only a sign that read: " ring for service". I had to ring the bell 3x and knock on the door to there apartment in order to have someone help us. My friend and I had read about the Belmont Inn on the net, we were both interested in the Chateau Suite, the pictures were beautiful and the description of the room, was as follows " Our Chateau Suite features a waterfall, extra large double whirlpool tub, bar, fireplace and a surround sound system. " Doesn't that sound like a great night away?
Well the hole night was a mess. In order to get to our room we had to walk down a small narrow hallway ( smelt like mold, dirt and other unsanitary fluids). The room had so much water damage, they had stapled the wallpaper back to the wall. Within the first 15 minutes we realized the Tv, fire place, surround sound and waterfall didn't work. We decided we were goign to make the best of our night, since it was only one night. We prepare the hot tub, only to find out that doesn't work either( did I mention the room cost us 180.80). We complain and the staff tells us we smoked in the room( there were no signs in the room or hallway saying we couldnt smoke) and they are now charging us another 70.00 and they didn't wanna change us room. We finally get another jacuzzi suite, this one seemed to be in much better condition. The jacuzzi worked fine until it decided to power up on it's own--while we are emptying it!-- needless to say the water was everywhere. by this point it's 2am and we call the staff. He was rude, yelling at us saying it was all our fault and we were just trying to get money back because he charged us for the other room. Next morning we left at 9am. When I returned the keys the man again was yelling telling me I was a liar and it was impossible the jacuzzi would do that. Now I have to keep an eye on my credit card. Wouldn't be surprised if they over charge. I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN> I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE HEALTH UNIT AND CONSUMERS BOARD> THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends