“motel review”

Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Trout Creek, Canada
“motel review”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

we must travel to sudbury for medical reasons, For early apointments we stay overnight and usually pay over 100 dollars.The belmont in was about 35 dollars cheaper with a breakfast.the outside could use some upgrades,however the rooms are clean and quite large .friendly staff and only minutes from the hospital. We will stay there in the future

Room Tip: hotel built into a hill top floor you can back up to the door for easy access
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ralph W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Me and my fiancé came here for a night getaway from home. We wanted a room with a Jacuzzi, well the Jacuzzi was dirty... we had to call to get someone in there to fix it (took 2 hours) Then when you are in the tub water splashes EVERYWHERE... not well designed at all.. The tub is located right beside the bed... on CARPET. Yah not a good mix. Mold mold mold. With in 20 minutes of being the the tub it broke again.. Good thing my man knows a thing or two.. he had to play with wires every once in awhile to keep it running. (Call someone to fix the tub... couldn't because They were no longer on duty)
Told them about the problem at check out .... couldn't care less..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I went to this hotel for my birthday I was accompanied by five people we were not loud the music was only run off the tv and when standing outside you could not here any noise in the hall.
The man I checked in with knew I had more than two people and failed to mention the fact that the $190 suite that I had booked a month in advance was not allowed guests after 11, although this was understandable infact we were leaving to go to the bar at 11pm, the problem with this is that my guests were being kicked out at 10 pm. There are signs everywhere saying you can pay to have extra people stay in your room so I offered to pay for my additional five guests. At this point the manager began telling me he was not money hungry and would not take my money. Then when I mentioned that it says all over the walls that you can pay for extra guests he then informed that there was only two people allowed in the room.

You would think the man would have the curtesy to mention this concidering I had checked into the room with my guests, so he knew when I paid that there were more than the two. Not wanting to start any problems I asked for my money back so I could find a new place to stay. After this he refused to give me any of my money. This included my $150 deposit. After 20 minutes they finally agreed to give me half my money.

The room itself was tidy but very dirty the hot tub had scum marks, the lights were all burn out except for 2. Oh and did I mention I got introuble for using the fountain and jacuzzi.

so unless you're going with only one other person, and plan to give the room a good scrub down before use DO NOT GO.

horrible service, horrible room, horrible time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashlea H
Englehart, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Our room was very clean and had been redone recently. We had a small fridge and a microwave. The room was quite large with a flat screen tv. We stayed in room 222. Free Wi Fi. Only thing missing was a hair dryer. Continental breakfast was good. The whole motel looked like it had a make over since the last time we stayed here five years ago. We were very impressed and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam-Englehart
Ontario
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the Chateau Suite, large space, comfy bed, bar area, fireplace & large Jacuzzi tub. Clean, but very run down. Breakfast was a joke - sparse & can't bring it back to your room to enjoy. Motel definitely needs to have $$$ invested for MAJOR renos but for now - I'd stay again since it's clean the price was reasonable

• Stayed December 2012
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The hotel (glorified motel) is somewhat run down despite efforts to re-vitalize it. The rates are good, but upgrade to the suites to get the best rooms. It's worth the extra $20. The breakfast was weak at best so skedaddle in the morning to a Tutti-Fruitti in town for an excellent healthy breakfast. There is a smell of mothballs in the hallway and instituitonal type lighting.
The suite itself actually was pretty good: large bed, fireplace, jacuzzi, Plasma TV. It was very clean and neat - well worth it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites for the extra $20.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family