“Inflexible and short sighted”

Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Ottawa, Canada
“Inflexible and short sighted”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

so I booked a reservation weeks ago at this motel based on the recommendations I read here. Unfortunatley, I'm not perfect and make a mistake. I went to the wrong hotel and thought they had lost my reservations. After checking into a competitors establishment, i realized my credit card had been charged by the moonlight Inn. I called them and tried to explain that it was an honest mistake. I had just paid for two nights in another hotel. I was really stuck. I had suggested that I stay one night in the place I had just checked in and then move to the moonlight Inn for my second night, That way no one was out too much money. They were completely inflexible I would have lost my 80.00 either way. Thankfully the place I had checked into was wonderful and gave me my money back. I thought it was a bit short sighted on The Moonlight Inns part as I travel to Sudbury at least once every six weeks. I'll be sure to stay at the place that offered great customer service and won't return to the Moonlight Inn and Suites no matter what.
That being said, the room was small but clean, the bed was comfortable the shower was weak. Had everything gone well with the check in, I still would have been surprised at how far out of the city the hotel was. It took us 20 minutes at least to get anywhere in Sudbury from there. Unless you're arriving at midnight and leaving at 8:00 this isn't a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank kerrijane123
MoonlightInn, Manager at Moonlight Inn And Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear Guest thank you for choosing Moonlight Inn & Suites Sudbury for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it didn’t work out and a competing Lorne St Motel took advantage of your mistaken situation.

If you ended up at the Moonlight Inn establishment with a reservation for another hotel we would help you find the correct hotel. I am sorry again that this competitor did not represent the Sudbury tourism community rightfully.

Management tried to inform you that your credit card was not charged and to accommodate you by offering to waive the cancellation policy. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous way in which our valued guests are to be treated.
• Management has setup a reservation confirmation system whereby our valued guests will receive detailed reservation confirmation by email or fax.

The Inn has many recent upgrades; free continental breakfast, brand new A/C’s, windows, furniture, mattresses, to carpet and many other continual updates surpassing hotel franchise standards. As well we are the only CAA rated motel in Sudbury.

If you visit Sudbury often we are in the city of Sudbury right off the Kingsway only 10 minutes from any end of town. Close to the shopping centres, restaurants and downtown.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for all inconvenience caused. We certainly hope that this isolated incident will not deter you or your husband from patronizing Moonlight Inn and Suites again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Unexceptional motel that gets the basics right. Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pam635836
Toronto
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Nice service, we had the rooms to sleep in only, but was convenient to all our destinations. rooms were clean and washroom very clean (newly renovated). does not have the looks of a 4 star hotel but inside the room is all well kept. worth the money spent. Very nice staff/owners. will consider staying agin if we are in Sudbury.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Pradeep N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

A good, clean room that I would recommend.
--------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank just m
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 April 2012

good, clean, basic rooms, friendly staff, new fixtures. Kitchenette had no utensils or pots / pans - need to ask for them if you need them. Wi-Fi worked well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2012

When we arrived at the hotel it was in the middle of some reservations, no big deal, it didn't affect our stay at all. We had a smoking room which was good with my travel companions. We had a suite which meant we had separate rooms, we were all happy with this as we had been stuck in a car together for days. The rooms were quite large for what I expected. This is super good quality for the cost of the room. The rooms and the bathroom were nice and clean, which I'm pretty picky about. There wasn't much in terms of anything around the hotel, but the restaurant across the road (looks a little scabby) couldn't be beat for a homestyle meal.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jasmin P
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

As the title states, if you seek a 5 star hotel, this basic motel will not be to your satisfaction. Conversely, for a basic highway motel the rooms are large, updated and clean. The best part is the price is competitive.

Perhaps the only downside is the location is some distance away from local restaurants. While only a short 5 minute or so drive away, there isn't anything in walking distance other than a very basic restaurant in the neighbouring motel.

If all your looking for is a good clean room for the night at an affordable price, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business