“Surprised and impressed”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

When I lived in Sudbury this place was called The President. They had a great disco downstairs. All of that is long gone.

I checked out the reviews on TA And the prices I found were very good. I have to admit I was really surprised at how wonderful this place is. I mean, yes, it's a chain hotel and it is somewhat sterile looking. But the room was very clean, there was everything I needed, the bed was comfortable, and I even had a view.

And yes, downtown Sudbury has fallen on hard times. But still, Sudbury is a safe place to be. The hotel is close to everything, And the Staff are professional and polite. (This is starting to sound like a TV commercial!) But really, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
DaysInnSudbury-Sales, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Hi AndrewTO,

The days of the disco are long gone but many memories are still held here. We are glad you had the opportunity to revisit the former President Hotel and see how we have continued to improve the facilities over the years.

Staff and management are always grateful to receive such great compliments from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest, so I wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised. Everything at the hotel was very nice. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good. We didn't spend a whole lot of time at the hotel so I never saw the pool. Its not overy fancy, but I'd stay there anytime.

• Stayed: October 2012
DaysInnSudbury-Sales, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Hi Mpriester,

We would love to have you back anytime! Hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer such as our indoor pool and sauna. We have a beautiful mural painted by a local artist on all the walls in the pool area depicting Sudbury’s mining community.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Everything was taken care of. There was no dificulty for us. The staff was friendly and well knowledged.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Andre B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I am pleased everything was to your satisfaction. Our staff strives for 100% guest satisfaction and feedback such as yours acknowledges our staffs efforts.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Sales & Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have been coming to the Days Inn in Sudbury approximately twice a month, every month for more than 3 years now. The length of my stays range anywhere from 1 night, to 3 nights. The rates are very reasonable, the rooms are clean, and I have always found the Hotel to be comfortable and pleasant, and the Staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I live in Hamilton, and therefore travel great distances every month to Sudbury and back. Whenever I arrive at the Days Inn, I am greeted warmly by the Management and Front Desk Staff, as well as other employees...Housekeeping Staff, Maintenance Department Staff, etc., and I can very easily and comfortably carry on a conversation with them all. They always make me feel welcome, and I am quite at ease around them, which really helps after a long day of driving, or in the case of the winter months, a very long day on a bus. It's nice to see a friendly face and smile after a long and tiring day, and that is always what I receive when I arrive at this Hotel. Service unsurpassed!
Carla B.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Hi Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us. The staff was thrilled to see your posting and appreciate your kind words.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed for a weekend in August while visiting Science North & Dynamic Earth. Excellent value for a huge 2-room suite. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room and other areas were clean and well maintained (with the exception of the windows! Very dirty!). Pool was clean and warm. Restaurant was mediocre at best. Though menu descriptions sounded promising, the reality was little more than cafeteria quality. Area around the hotel was a little depressed, but a fairly convenient location for getting around town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear hipfanatic,

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our family suite. I have passed along your comments to our maintenance department about the windows needing cleaning and to the restaurant regarding their food quality.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Check-in staff was prompt and courteous and also helped with directions to places we needed to go. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant was also very good. The only bad about our stay was that is was for one night only!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
DaysInnSudbury-Sales, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Hi Marlene1_12,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us longer next time.

See you on your next visit to Sudbury!

Sales & Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2012

The staff was rude upon check in. Had to wait 5 minute just for someone to come to the front desk. Older gentleman he didnt ask any questions juust stood there. When asking him for directions a little later no help at all.
930 am we have a female walk into our room to clean it. No knock nothing.
10:15 same thing just walks right in. Check out is 11:00 don't send staff in early if people haven't checked out.
I talked to the hotel manager about being walked in on twice. She said it's 11:05 your late checking out. Not who you want managing a business. Rooms were decent staff is not.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Jason 2311,

Please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory stay. We strive to not only meet but to exceed the needs of each of our guests. Your feedback is valuable to us and will assist us in improving our service.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.