“Pet Friendly”
Review of Comfort Inn East

Comfort Inn East
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We originally arrived planning to stay at a Hotel downtown. When we got there with our newborn baby and our 7 month old chocolate lab we noticed there wasn't anywhere to take the dog and it was a looooooong walk to carry all the lugauge and baby gear we had.
We found the comfort inn across from the shopping outlets.
They cost quite a bit for one night but the room was very clean and much more convenient. We were able to park and unload right outside the room through patio doors. There was a nice strip of grass for the dog right outside our room.
The room was comfy and had a microwave that madw bottle making super easy. There was lots of room for our baby's bed and the dog to lounge.
Pizza Hut and Tuti Fruity are right up the road. Overall This hotel made our pit stop relaxing and EASY!!
I've stayed here a couple times and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MichelleWolfe, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for Choosing the Comfort Inn East for your night stay. We appreciate your kind words. Just to let you know, since your last stay, we have undergone a major renovation and have freshen up our look. All bedrooms have been renovated and we now serve a full hot breakfast in our new breakfast lounge. We hope you come back soon and see our fresh new look.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Very much enjoyed staying here, stayed for one night. Had to get some shopping in and there are a lot of big box stores nearby. There are minimal amenities but if you're just looking for a place to sleep that's comfortable, this is your place. Would have liked to have a workout space but not too worried about it. Staff was nice, even supplied me with toothpaste when I ran out. Missed the morning breakfast because the bed was too comfy :P so can't comment on it. Also, this happened to be the best price I found on booking.com for all of Sudbury. It's not just for business stays.

Room Tip: This is only two floors but if you don't want to walk up stairs, ask for a room on the first flo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gradstud1
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn East, as I had to attend a training course at Finlandia Village and it is only 5 minutes away. This hotel is super-easy to find, and is in a great location if you don't have to go right into the city and want to avoid downtown. There are restaurants and stores nearby so if you want to browse and have a bite to eat, you can either drive or walk as it's not far.

Reservation, Check In, and Check Out were all friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was good for someone who is in a hurry and just wants to grab a quick bite and get going. Next time I think I will opt out of staying on the ground level near the side entrance, as it is a bit noisy with people opening and closing their doors, but I am sure the second level would be quieter, so this was not a huge deal.

The room was clean and toasty warm upon arrival. The bed was comfy, the shower and t.v. worked great, and there is a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room, so it has everything you need if you are just there to stay briefly and want no frills if you are travelling for business.

Nothing fancy, but it was a brief business overnighter so if that is what you are looking for, it fits the bill.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2012

It is an okay property, decent parking, close to food, Rooms were clean and I had no complaints but basic, The staff at the front desk were very friendly in the morning and liked their Tim's. Breakfast was well stocked, apples, bananas, yogurt etc but the coffee was brutal. Location is good, felt safe there. Would be happy to stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mototours
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here while travelling for business. Almost always book with Choice Hotels chain as I can always count on getting a nice place to stay. Hotel is in a rather pleasent location and close to restaurants. Check-in went smoothly. Plenty of parking. The food served for the free continental breakfast is ideal. The room was nice and clean as I expected for this hotel chain and the bed was very comfortable. The rates at this hotel are not the cheapest. The hotel would be a better value if the rates were a little cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Curt A
MichelleWolfe, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank You CurtA for writting a review. It is great that you took the time to give positive feed back.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Long drive to Sudbury, check in was great, beds were soft. I will stay again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I recently stayed there and when checking in, the staff was pleasent. I booked a smoking room and as a smoker, you could definitely tell they don't clean their smoking rooms. I went out for the evening with some friends in town and had a couple back in the room later on. I had one of the staff come down and request that the loudness be lowered to an acceptable volume, in which we complied. When checking out in the morning, the front desk clerk advised me that due to the excessive loudness that I was black listed from all Choice hotels, also I checked my credit card statement the following Wednesday and an additional charge of $150.00 was added to my credit card for "extra cleaning" and noise complaints!! The room was in the exact same shape as it was when walking in the door and the noise was not even an issue.

I highly don't recommend staying at this hotel as to the experience I received. I travel extensively across the country and internationally; this is probably the worst place I've ever stayed at and I'd surely be happy to not occupy Choice Hotels abroad.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business