“A pretty fair stop”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Ontario
“A pretty fair stop”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a great room. It was two double beds. Very comfortable. Tons of pillows - 6 per bed I think - felt like a queen! (soft pillows) New flat screen - channels were ok.

There was a fridge - I would recommend calling in advance and asking them to turn it on though - getting in late in the day, I found out it was not turned on!! Wanting to put our food into it - I had to turn it on high for I had no idea how cold it would actually get. Plus, my food had to be in warm air even longer. By morning - our ice packs were indeed frozen, our milk was perfectly cold - I was concerned with the pasta salad as it had been in the warm so long.

Now we were doing some web browsing - we got kicked off. Said to wait 15 minutes. We did - were not able to get back on & as it was close to bed time - we opted to just go to sleep. I had been trying to use youtube - could only watch one thing as it was so slow - must have been busy (it was a friday night afterall).

The air conditioner we put on low - I think next time I would put it on medium because I was so hot when I woke up. Didn't take long to cool down once I turned it up a notch - older style or maybe typical style so it was guess work for me.

Now here was a great feature - we stayed on the ground floor on the Dairy Queen side - awesome! My daughter went through, opened the patio door to our room & voila, two steps to carry everything into our room. That was awesome!! I loved that the most. I'd stay here again, I'd make sure to call and ask them to turn on the fridge & I'd definitely sleep with the a/c on at least medium. (oh and I'd probably bring a movie to watch on my laptop as we never did see anything good on the few channels - and internet was down) But we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

Great location - across from Canadian Tire, East side Mario's, Zonga's restaurant. And just minutes from shopping! For the price we got this for - the little things that were con - there were more pro's.

Hot breakfast? hm. toast, hard boiled eggs, butter tarts, pre-made waffles you put in toaster, cereals. I don't remember anything else hot so I wouldn't count on anything spectacular - we were content. My daughter had cereal & I had toast. Perfect.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor room with patio doors. Not noisey, even though we were next to Dairy Quee...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellinGals

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place is horrible. The room is advertised as non-smoking but the floor is full of smoking rooms and the smell in the hallway will gag you. The doors of the rooms can be heard banging late at night and early in the morning. The space for breakfast is about the size of small room. Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Ontario
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We've stayed at a number of Comfort Inns due to their dog friendly policy. This was the most up to date and cleanest one we've stayed in yet. Unfortunately it was also the most expensive to date! On a rainy night it was worth it though. Wonder if they had that all figured out? :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Stayed on a Friday while driving to Toronto. Nice close/easy access to hwy 69. Not the newest hotel, but clean, quiet, decent room. Good breakfast, and adjacent to several restaurants and shopping. On the plus side the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saultites
Toronto
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We stayed for 1 night and found this hotel to be excellently located to fast food, plazas, Science North and everything else we needed. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was a good start to the day. Free wifi was great and so was the fridge and microwave in room. The room was comfortable and CLEAN. I looked for bugs in the bed and everywhere else and there were NONE!! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelly_3399
Sudbury
Reviewed 19 June 2008

stayed and got bite but the bed bugs!
Beware

Stayed June 2008
picky01, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 27 August 2008
Good Day ALL

Although we may have had a problem with "Bed Bugs" or "Hitchhikers" as they are commonly known, I assure you this problem has been rectified. The beds have been discarded and rooms have been fumigated. The reason why I mentioned that these insects are commonly known as Hitchhikers is that they don't come from the hotel being dirty but from people or animals from other locations. They attach themselves to you, your luggage, clothing etc...and this is how they are transferred from one place to another. In this case one room was infected. As said before I assure you the room was and whole floor was fumigated. The carpets, mattresses and linen were discarded.
If you wish to discuss I could be contacted at 705-522-1101

Yours Truly
Larry Martin
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We have stayed at this hotel many times and found it great. This time was no exception. We booked into one of the suites which seems to have been updated since our last stay. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. The hotel is within walking distance of Eastside Marios, Tim Hortons, Pizza Hut, Canadian Tire, Dairy Queen, Harvey's and the LCBO. What more could you ask for!! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is good and gets you on your way with no fuss. We will stay here again for sure.

• Liked — The staff and the location.
  • Disliked — I liked everything about the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CanadaJeff