“Great deal, lovely updates”

Comfort Inn Sudbury
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Ontario
“Great deal, lovely updates”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is a great place to stay in Sudbury. We hadn't expected to have to stay in Sudbury and just got off the highway late at night hoping to find something decent at a reasonable price. We got a great business rate, and the room was newly renovated. The bathroom was lovely, much nicer than some I've seen in high end hotels. The room was nicely furnished, the bed was very comfortable and everything was spotless. I will definitely be staying here again. Breakfast was included in the price. It was serve yourself style, hot eggs and sausage, waffle makers and the usual assortment of breads, muffins, yogurt etc. It wasn't gourmet but it was decent and much better than the usual complimentary breakfast you get. Staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Sir or Madame

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! We continue to do upgrades to serve you better. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

705 522 1101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
French River, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here last year before the renovations and it wasn't too impressive! Then bam they must of spent a mint. Its amazing and they offer a full hot breakfast. Paid $24 less then the competition and it was well worth more. My wife and I stayed for Valentines in a King we loved the beds. I'm ordering one on Tuesday. They had a package that included Eastside Marios so out of pocket it was less then $120 bucks amazing! I would stay again and we will in about 2 months or so. Good job man!

Room Tip: Try the king rooms they have bigger corner suites lots of room and new furniture
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to complete The Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Thank you for mentioning the new renovations and deluxe King beds. Glad your enjoyed the upgrades! Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Please stay again!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and would just like to give them a pat on the back again. The front desk staff recognized me when I arrived. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious!
I will be back soon! Great job to all the staff at the Comfort Inn!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear KM

Muskoka District, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

If I hadn't stayed at this hotel before, I would have said that it was a new hotel. They have recently made some fantastic updates, and I can officially say that I will not stay anywhere else. In addition to being clean and comfortable, everyone is very friendly and helpful. I suggest that you stay here if you are looking for a hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Colby

Have a great Day!

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Choice Hotels are sprucing up their old hotels. They are old two floor walk up hotels that are under renovation in a number of cities. Problem is that although the rooms, bedding and breakfast are being improved, some things are not. They like to fill the second floor first and charge you an extra $7.00 to $10.00 more for a main floor room. The room I had last was a second floor room and everything had been upgraded but the heater/air conditioner. The heater had two temperatures smokin' hot or freezing cold accompanied with a lot of rattling noises. I heated up the room and shut the thing off to get away from the noise. The rooms are clean and average value but they are busy and reservations are required especially if you want a main floor room. They are renovation but in the end it will still be a two floor walk up. I travel extensively and always stay at Choice Hotels but am thinking of changing to another hotel chain, mainly due to these old walk up hotels as I have difficulty with stairs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred L
Barrie
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We recently stayed here while they were going through renovations. The rooms are very nice and the staff extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is super as well not at all hard to find and close to Sudbury attractions.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here by myself for a few days. The hotel is completely renovated and it's stunning! I had a few questions while I stayed about the area and the staff were not only friendly but helpful. The breakfast was incredible and I will be staying here again and again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Michael,