“Not a bad Place”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
North York
“Not a bad Place”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have my regular hotel in Sudbury where I stay but they had a packed house due to some weddings going on so I thought I would give The comfort Inn a try. Wasn't a bad place at all and the rate was cheap. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel which was decent. Rooms were clean, check in a bit slow but in fairness I am pretty sure there was a convention in town. Overall decent place to stay for your money.

Room Tip: Decent for the price
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello Donna

Thank your for your comments on your recent stay! It's with comments like yours we make our hotel a better place to stay.

I have printed your review and will share it with my staff at our next meeting.

Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Larry Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From arrival to departures it is sure to disappoint. On check-in we were assigned the wrong room type - the room we ordered was not ready :( . Had to switch to a new room at 11 PM due to very noisy neighbours. The room we switched to had a Television that did not work AT ALL. The breakfast is a great idea but often was too crowded to get a seat so we did TAKE OUT. Rooms are small with BIG FURNITURE taht takes up the floor space you need for luggage.

Room Tip: OK for a one night stop. Good location to restaurants. Expect all rooms are the same - get on the gr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

705 522 1101

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel - as I have many times in the past - with my elderly mother. On our second night there, our toilet plugged. When I phoned reception and asked them for someone with a plunger to come and clear the blockage, the girls at the front desk brought a plunger and told me to unclog it themselves. It was not their job! As a paying guest, it was not my job either. We argued and then because there was no choice in the matter, I had to do it myself! We were told that they had no housekeeping/maintenance on call. After I wrote a letter of complaint to head office and the manager of said hotel, I did a refund for the one night. I phoned the manager and said I wanted to discus this with him, but he refused and said he would send a email, instead. Staff were very rude and condescending. I urge all travellers to boycott this establishment.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 265HeatherM
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Miss MacDonald

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the two young ladies in questions to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. As a result the one employee was let go. As for the way that I treated you I also do apologize but I did everything you asked me do on your first two complaints with my head office. As per your request I refunded your credit card and already sent you an apology letter. I wasn’t trying to be rude or condescending but rather wanted to put the matter at rest and use it as a learning curve for all of us in question.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sudbury.

Kind Regards,

Bruce County, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Was apprehensive base on my old visits from years ago but the place has been totally renoed from reception to new hot breakfast room to the rooms themselves. The bathrooms appear to have been updates but not totally redone (new tile and vanity) but rooms are completely new including furnature and good work desk with plug ins. Also has new fridge and micro too and flat screen tv. The closet must have disappeared as there is a closet cabinet in the room. Good for most like me, but if you travel with a ton of clothes on hangers like my folkes you might have trouble. Bed was comfy and room very clean; decor and bed linens are professional style like Hamptons and holiday Expresses so you feel comfortable hopping into bed. Second floor had a better rate than the first. Breakfast was decent. I would stay here next time for sure as the room was great and the price was good too.

• Stayed June 2014
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Northern Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to complete The Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We just spent over $1 million dollars in renovations and continue to improve the hotel to better serve our valued guests. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and yes I had a couple of previous complaints that were addressed promptly and to my liking every time, Larry who is the manager there is on the ball and on top of things all the time. I can say one of the best I have seen in all my comfort inn stays, and I have pretty much stayed in all of them in Ontario. since the complete new reno it's great clean and no longer smells of smoke. good job I was there in I believe February and there was a broken water main they were ready with free water bottles and apologized for the inconvenience, I also received a knock at my door when the parking lot started to flood so that that I could move my truck to a safe area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mr. Stewart

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our Newly renovated Comfort Inn.

I do love my career choice and enjoy what I do. Guest services are our number one priority. Thanks for mentioning my name in your review! Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Mr. Stewart, we hope to see you again soon!

Have a great day!

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I would like to start off by saying Thank You to the front desk woman. All I have on my receipt is rmurph. We checked in at 2:30 am and were totally exhausted after spending days at the hospital. She was so welcoming and warm hearted. We had trouble finding a room that night and were so happy when she had a room. She offered us a late check out without us asking which was so appreciated. When I asked for bereavement discount, she offered it and gave her sincere condolences. Note to Comfort Inn , this woman should get a raise. It is the little things that people remember and I knew I had to put her in my review.
This was our first stay and will stay there again for sure.... because of the staff and the great rooms.
Our bed was a super comfortable pillow top with lots of spare pillows. The bedding was soft and warm. The room in general was nice as well. Good locks on the patio door and flat screen TV.
The bathroom looked like it had been newly renovated. Also clean, clean, clean, no complaints.
Check out was a breeze with another lovely lady.
We have stayed at 4 hotels in Sudbury and this one is our new number one!!!!

Room Tip: We were at the back away from the businesses and highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Tina,

WOW ! Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. I've actually posted it on our board. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours.

Thank you again for sharing your kind words! I've share the positive feedback with Roxanne and she was delighted! You made her day!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Travelling x-country with my dog, we stayed for one night. (Pet friendly)
Hotel is close to highway and food. Rooms are basic but clean. Our room backed onto the Dairy Queen drive-through so that was a bit annoying. But if you need an inexpensive place to crash for a night, it's a safe choice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank G V
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear GV

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We do love pets here and they're welcome any time! GV your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.