“Usually fairly good”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Chapleau, Canada
“Usually fairly good”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, in a great location for reasonable prices. This is usually my second choice for a room when I visit Sudbury. Staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and usually quiet. The reason this is my second choice is because I can get a better rate at another hotel. But when that place has no room, this place is the next choice. And it ha a free continental breakfast (which I have never used)...I prefer to sleep in lol

Stayed August 2014
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your kind comments and review on Trip advisor. Hopefully we could make your first choice next time you’re in town. If it’s a rate issue please stop by and we could discuss your stay patterns and maybe offer you a preferred rate.

705 522 1101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was excellent and the bed very, very comfortable. The breakfast and Internet service was good as well. The location is unbeatable if you are travelling to Sault Ste Marie as I was. Sadly I had noisy neighbours, but I don't think this is anything the hotel can really do anything about - Saturday night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Sudbury.

Timmins
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Staff was great room was great. Even my Dog liked it ;). only complaint was that when we left for the evening to go out for about a hour, someone took our spot by our walkup door. Didn't complain as I doubted anyone could do anything about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent review with Trip Advisor for our Comfort Inn Sudbury.

I’ve jotted down the notes about the parking and will discuss this with the staff at our next meeting. We can’t promise 100% that you will have a front of the room parking but we will promise you parking spot within steps of the door.

Thanks again for the great review!

We hope to see you again soon!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have reviewed this Comfort Inn before and would just like to take the time to do it again! We came to Sudbury for a little vacation on this trip. The front desk staff were great, both check in and check out were quick and efficient. Our room was clean, breakfast was stocked and delicious! Great job to all the hotel staff. We will be back again in the fall and will definitely be staying at the Comfort Inn again!!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest

On behalf of the whole staff thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Sudbury Regent Street

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

North York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have my regular hotel in Sudbury where I stay but they had a packed house due to some weddings going on so I thought I would give The comfort Inn a try. Wasn't a bad place at all and the rate was cheap. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel which was decent. Rooms were clean, check in a bit slow but in fairness I am pretty sure there was a convention in town. Overall decent place to stay for your money.

Room Tip: Decent for the price
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Larry M, Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello Donna

Thank your for your comments on your recent stay! It's with comments like yours we make our hotel a better place to stay.

I have printed your review and will share it with my staff at our next meeting.

Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

From arrival to departures it is sure to disappoint. On check-in we were assigned the wrong room type - the room we ordered was not ready :( . Had to switch to a new room at 11 PM due to very noisy neighbours. The room we switched to had a Television that did not work AT ALL. The breakfast is a great idea but often was too crowded to get a seat so we did TAKE OUT. Rooms are small with BIG FURNITURE taht takes up the floor space you need for luggage.

Room Tip: OK for a one night stop. Good location to restaurants. Expect all rooms are the same - get on the gr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

705 522 1101

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel - as I have many times in the past - with my elderly mother. On our second night there, our toilet plugged. When I phoned reception and asked them for someone with a plunger to come and clear the blockage, the girls at the front desk brought a plunger and told me to unclog it themselves. It was not their job! As a paying guest, it was not my job either. We argued and then because there was no choice in the matter, I had to do it myself! We were told that they had no housekeeping/maintenance on call. After I wrote a letter of complaint to head office and the manager of said hotel, I did a refund for the one night. I phoned the manager and said I wanted to discus this with him, but he refused and said he would send a email, instead. Staff were very rude and condescending. I urge all travellers to boycott this establishment.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 265HeatherM
Larry M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sudbury, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Miss MacDonald

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the two young ladies in questions to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. As a result the one employee was let go. As for the way that I treated you I also do apologize but I did everything you asked me do on your first two complaints with my head office. As per your request I refunded your credit card and already sent you an apology letter. I wasn’t trying to be rude or condescending but rather wanted to put the matter at rest and use it as a learning curve for all of us in question.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sudbury.

Kind Regards,