“Great value and big improvement.”
Review of Super 8 Sudbury ON

Super 8 Sudbury ON
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel since the new management took over and I am definitely seeing the improvements.

The staff were pleasant upon my check in and were able to address any concerns I had. The room was clean, comfortable, and I was able to get a good nights rest.

Convenient location with plenty of options for food and a couple of drinks.

I look forward to staying again and seeing the developments. Thank you for the pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 11 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I work with Auto Truck transport...and am a CLC LODGING customer...I have been informed that for some reason clc will no longer cover just auto truck drivers at your location...I'm sure its auto truck causing this..they say its bc yall charge to much...I really liked this location ..I enjoyed the staff and the Mexican place next door...I guess I'm forced to stay at the holiday inn accross the street...sad...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed 6 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Which is sorta funny since they are on a hill...

Well, check in was fairly quick and friendly... I arrived at my room on the second floor close to the front of the Hotel, the first thing I noticed that there was no where to plug my Laptop into by the table... You need to unplug the lamp in order to use the one and only available plug... The other plug is being used by a box (which I took a look inside and it's a wireless access point).

Really? Who thought it would be a good idea to use the only plug close to the table for the wireless access point? It should be in the room somewhere, yes, but not where you need to plug in your Laptop. Derp!

I'm not sure when the last time the room was cleaned, but the table and the nightstand both had rings from cups left behind and they were both sticky to the touch... yuck!

The air conditioner was broken, and it was HOT! I tried everything to get it working, it would come on for a few moments then kick off again, so I only had the warm outside air blowing around... I did open the window, but that didn't help much. I suppose I could have asked for another room, but they were pretty busy and I was pretty tired after a long day on the road.

The shower water pressure was horrible, it took me twice as long to rinse the soap off me since it was so low.

The straw that broke the Camel's back on this stay here... I got an unwanted wake up call at 7:00 a.m. (I WAS planning to sleep in to about 10:00 a.m. since I was on the road late the day before)... APPARENTLY my vehicle (a flatbed truck) was blocking a box truck... I wake up, quickly get dressed, walk all the way to the back of the Hotel where my truck is parked... I look and see I was parked exactly how I was the night before... LOTS of room for the truck next to me to exit!?! I met up with the driver of the other truck (we will call him "Man searching for brain")... I just look at Man searching for brain, and he tells me that LAST NIGHT when he went to go somewhere, there was a car parked in front of us, blocking us both in... LAST NIGHT! He didn't bother to check in the morning to see if it was still there, he just assumed... And the Hotel Clerk didn't bother checking before calling me. Derp!

Now USUALLY I will be asked "How was your stay?"... This time I was not, so here I am letting everyone know how horrible it was... Man, I am running out of decent places to stay in Sudbury!

Room Tip: Try a different Hotel, this one is NOT what it use to be.