“Average at best”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Average at best”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

They are under renovation and clearly in need of freshening up the property. The rooms were clean and comfortable but only had one desk chair. No other chair to sit on. Very convenient location and they offered a medical rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peggy W
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am happy to share with you that we our now refreshed and revitalized. We hope that you will return on your next visit to Sudbury and see what we've done.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Corbeil, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I brought my family to Sudbury over the March Break for some family fun! We have stayed at the Travelodge on several occasions and was very excited to hear about the March break package. It was Perfect. The kids loved the pool and the restaurant is a Family Favourite!! We will defiantly go again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our March Break Special. See you next year!
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel looks decent from the outside, but looks are deceiving. The lobby area and some hallways are in a state of disrepair; staff informed me that a pipe had burst and caused damage, however I found torn wallpaper and unfinished rooms on the top floor, which made me wonder if that was really true. Regardless, this place shows it’s age, with much wear and tear. The room was bare, and the HVAC unit rattled terribly. If you choose to stay here, try to get a room facing west, as the traffic noise from the street was very, very loud on the other side. The internet did not work most of the time I was there. 5/10

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. No need to wonder, we did have a pipe burst resulting in severe water damage from the 4th floor down to the 1st floor. We are now fully refreshed and looking forward to having you back. I am confident your next stay will be a pleasant one.

Travellers are raving about these Sudbury hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Nothing here to get excited about. It needs a refreshening. At $105 for a junior suite
as part of a group rate the price was right, but that's about it. Would have stayed elsewhere, but this is where the group chose to book. Staff were polite and efficient. Good location for hospitals and Science North. OK choice if you need an onsite restaurant, but service there can be very slow when busy, and the menu is just OK and a little pricey. Traffic noise affected sleep and pull-out couch was not comfortable. There are better choices like Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Street-side room was noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we do appreciate you feeback. I am happy to share with you that we have indeed refreshed all of our guestrooms and sincerely hope you will give us another try. I am sure you will be pleased.
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

As a previous poster noted, the hotel is being renovated. Front desk staff were very good; allowing us a late check out; and adjusting my bill for issues I encountered. The deadbolt on my room wasn't working properly and the toilet in my room had the tank overflow. Stuff happens; but as I said the front desk staff handled it. Queen room was spacious with a desk and good chair, sofa, fridge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Although you did encouter some issues during your stay, I am happy to hear our team was able to solve them. I am also happy to let you know that all of those issues have been resolved with the conmpletion of our renovations. I look forward to having you back and providing you with our best.
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. I wasn't aware when I booked the hotel room that the hotel was having renovations done. When I arrived, I noticed a couple of buses there and found out that there were a couple of groups of hockey players checking in.
Thankfully the hotel staff were able to put me in an area that was away from the hockey players (at my request).
At the time of booking the room, I was encouraged to book the King room as the beds were upgraded with pillow top mattresses. I thought this would be a nice feature. Unfortunately the mattresses were not that great. I found it to be uncomfortable and wondered if the queen room would have been a better choice.
The washroom vanity had been upgraded but the tub area was in need of repair. It was obvious that tiles had been removed and replaced with grout that didn't match.

I am looking forward to seeing how the hotel looks after the renovations are completed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Our renovations are now complete! I am looking forward to having your back so you can see what we've done. I am sure you will be pleased with our newly refreshed guest rooms.
Killarney, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband is in hospital. Staff has been extremely. Friendly which is a great support, to my self as well as my daughters. Thank you so much for your kindness. Rooms have been clean and comfortable..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. We look forward to having you back.