“2 nite stay”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. Very friendly. Hot top and pool a great addition to our stay.
The only negative was hearing the next door room shower and the upstairs room was walking very heavy.
But I would stay again only on the top floor...

Room Tip: Chose a room not on the ice machine floor and on the top floor. The suites looking to be a good val...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
StewartMarr, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you for the outstanding review of the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. We are pleased to have you as our guest and hope to have you return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Spent two nights here with our 2 grandchildren ( aged 4 & 6).... we visited Science North and Dynamic Earth.......... the hotel is in the process of renovations........but we were not bothered by that......... renovation work was quietly done during the day, and most of the work has been completed on the main areas.......... there was some work being done on the lower level on the way to the swimming pool The attached Restaurant was good and quite friendly( possibly a little over-priced)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

No complaints. Average hotel, nothing really sets it apart from any other place. (That's not a negative - just a statement).

Rooms were fine. Our room had a bit of a funk to it, but ten minutes with the window open and it was fine.

Rooms were clean, microwave, fridge and tv worked.

Ten minute drive from the mall, chain restaurants and science north. Dynamic earth is nearby too.

Good room for the price.

Stayed: August 2014

The Travelodge Hotel Sudbury appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to know our location, friendly service and cleanliness met all your expectations. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time at the end of July for work. The hotel was clean and quiet for my two night stay. Staff were friendly and courteous, and the hotel was located within a short distance from plenty of restaurants, stores, the downtown, attractions, and even the Goodlife fitness centre.

I was on the road for work, so as I often do, I brought some home cooked meals so I wouldn't have to eat restaurant food the whole time. I thought the room was suppose to have a fridge, but when I got in I found that my room did not have one. I called to the front desk and they said they would call maintenance to see if there was one available. I was waiting for them to call me back, when a short while later staff showed up at my door with the fridge. It was already cold and ready to go.

The only reason I only gave the hotel a 4 out of 5 is because I did not get a chance to visit the pool. I'd hate to give the hotel a 5 only to find out there was an issue in that regard. I will be staying there again at the end of August though, so hopefully I can check out the pool and upgrade the mark at that time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a thorough and complimentary review of the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. We are elated that our associates and facilities were able exceed your expectations. We are proud to be your hotel of choice in Sudbury and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent location to visit the city of Sudbury next to science north, the kids enjoyed walking from the hotel to the beach, the rooms were perfect and the staff was very helpful and friendly i would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Travelodge Hotel Sudbury. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as, our unbeatable location. We would be honoured to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Please keep in mind that this is my first experience with a 3 star Lodge. Based on the price of the room and pictures on the website i have booked this room. And because its attached to Perkins.

This was the first time in life were i check out from a hotel without spending the night. I couldn't get my self to spend the night. Spent 2 hours and just left for a better one.

- Facilities are not as captured in the pictures. Old dated hotel, dingy not a lot of lighting, every thing seems dated. Every thing screams 80's in that place.

- The room we got was noticeably nosy since it was facing the main street.

- NO water kettle because it a fire hazard. Couldn't make food for our one year old.

- I would understand if we payed $70 or $80 that what we accept that kind of accommodation but not when you pay $150 a night.

- For that amount of money i would pick Marriott sudbury or Holiday Inn Sudbury.

Room Tip: Find a better place to stay. Not worth it for the money ..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Makavelim3
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

I'm extremely disappointed to hear about your experience with us. While the Travleodge Hotel style does not necessarily cater to every taste, we strive to uphold the highest level of guest service. We do hope you give us another try and see why our guests return to us time and time again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We recently spent the weekend with our families!!! There were a large group of us and the hotel was busy for the Shriners Convention. With everything going on the staff were very accommodating!! The rooms were very clean!!! The renovations are excellent and we look forward to our next family reunion!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I truly appreciative you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the positive feedback. I will be sure to share with the team. We are looking forward to you staying with us again.