“Another Great Stay!”

TownePlace Suites Sudbury
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I most recently stayed here February 3-5, 2012. although the prices keep increasing since it opened it's stil strong value for the area.

Room

We had a studio, 2 queens. The rooms are great! Full kitchen, table a chairs to eat. Clean room!

Facilities

Great! The pool area is awesome and my son loves it there! Waterslide is fun. Hot tub is nice!

Gym

Basic but decent. free weights and a couple of treadmills / cross trainers.

Breakfast

Not bad. They could use at least one hot option. It's a nice continetial breakfast. I thinkt hey may have been short staffed this visit as they were often running out of items.

Overall,

This is a nice hotel and we will stay here again most def!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Sudbury

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. I chose this hotel because it is the newest one in Sudbury and based on the pictures it looked modern and clean and the decor reminds me a bit of a boutique hotel. I'm definitely surprised that this hotel rates as a 2.5 to 3 star because it is actually quite nice.
The good:
- great desk with good lighting to work from
- fast wi-fi that is included in the price of the room (i never had a problem with the connection and it was even good enough to stream shows)
-everything is still very new - stainless steel kitchen appliances, granite counters
- there is complimentary breakfast, the selection is pretty decent but it doesn't change from day to day so it gets pretty boring.
- lots of options for food nearby the hotel. there are a lot of chain type restaurants close to the hotel for reasonably priced (though not very exciting) dinners such as the keg, kelseys, montana's, boston pizza, casey's.

The bad:
- the gym is tiny. the equipment is new but there are about 3-4 machines, some free weights and a bench (not even mats or a gym ball)
- no counter space in the bathroom - i had to leave my stuff on the bedside table outside of the bathroom b/c i ran out of space in the bathroom. that being said
- i had issues w/ heat in both rooms that i stayed in... i had to turn it up to 30 degrees to get good heat, anything below 26 would come out really cold, anything between 27 and 29 was hit or miss.
- it's not the most convenient for driving into "downtown" sudbury - it's about a 10 minute drive with no traffic but a few days in the morning the road was slow moving.

I can't complain about the service, it met expectations and to be honest i don't expect great service on a business trip as i'm here to work and sleep only. I would return here and I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Sudbury.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor Community. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your kind comments with our Service’s Team. The feedback you have provided regarding our in-room climate control system has been brought to the attention of our Director of Engineering and he and his team have been able to resolve the issue. Our apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Marriott’s uncompromising commitment to being leaders in service and product quality is an important promise to us, and should you have any further feedback regarding your stay, please reach out to Cole Sheridan, Front Office Supervisor, at CSheridan@TownePlaceSudbury.com or 705.525.7700 x5004. We look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Sudbury!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed for one night for a business trip. The check-in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and new. There was a refrigerator, stove top, dishwasher, dishes, coffee maker and toaster in the room. There was a flat screen LG television with plenty of programming but no HD. There was a small couch, ottoman, desk, and large king sized bed. There was plenty of storage space if one was to be staying for an extended time. I used the fitness room-- I used one of the two treadmills and was not interrupted for my hour run. I did not use the pool, but it was clean and there was a water slide. The hotel was quiet and I had no problem with the staff. The breakfast was not impressive, with omelettes, bacon and potatoes as the only hot selections. There was one type of yogurt. But for a no hassle overnight stay, this hotel was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

It was our pleasure to host you here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Sudbury. On behalf of all travellers, thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us, and allowing us the opportunity to learn what we’re doing right and what we can do to enhance the guest experience.

Your comments regarding our high-definition television programming has been discussed among our Senior Leadership Team and we are currently in talks to establish the feasibility of installing HD programming as well as On-Demand Content! An exciting addition to any hotels list of amenities and one we hope to be able to deliver in the near future.

Our Healthy Starts Breakfast, featuring hot, daily items Monday to Friday is a guest favourite. Typically, we do have three to four varieties of yogurt and apologize that we did not have this selection available during your time with us.

Our pool and hot tub area are a welcome retreat for many at the end of a long day, and our exciting two-storey water slide, open Friday 5p-9p, Saturday 9a-1p & 5p-9p and Sunday 9a-1p, is just one of our premiere offerings for our travelling families.

Feedback such as yours is an extremely valuable tool and we welcome you to provide any comments regarding your stay to Cole Sheridan, Front Office Supervisor, at CSheridan@TownePlaceSudbury.com or 705.525.7700 x5004.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Sudbury on your next visit to the area!
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I travel to Sudbury several time a year and in past have preferred to stay at the Hampton Inn. Much to my disappointment the Hampton was book solid. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to try out the Towneplace Suites. Wow, this place is awesome. From the moment you drive up, you see the cool looking building with a water slide as the main focal point. The lobby is very modern and bright. It has a great selection of treats, drinks, and frozen treats. Check in was fairly smooth with no issues.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I got to my room but I was pleasantly surprised. I got a room with 2 queen beds. Well, the room was huge. It had a full kitchen with a full size fridge and microwave, 2 elements are built into the counter top. Glasses, plates and silverware are also provided. Dishwasher is a bonus. Full sized 4 person dinner table. Bathroom is nice with the sink and mirror in one room, tub and toilet in the next room. It works. Nice flat screen TV which swivels to cover all angles in the room. The best thing in the room is the bed. I stay in a lot of hotels every year for work and this is the best bed I have slept in, period!
My only knock is that the breakfast was okay. The first morning I was there they had homefries on a hot plate warmer but I don't the warmer was working as they were cold and mushy. The next morning I had cereal and there was a good selection.
Overall and excellent stay. This place is more expensive than most places in Sudbury(becasue of the kitchen), but is worth the extra $$ if you can afford it.
For dinner options check out M.I.C. (Made in Canada) which is the restaurant next door. The food is excellent and the people are very friendly. Plus you get 10% off with your room key. The hotel has a direct line to the restaurant from your room, just hit the MIC button on your phone for room service.
I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Sudbury! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and are excited to welcome you back again soon!

Our impressive new hotel, just over a year old, is an eye-catcher when travelling along The Kingsway. Our two-storey waterslide, open during select hours on the weekend, is a favourite of our younger, and young at heart, guests.

Your comments in regards to your experience with our breakfast service have been shared with our Food & Beverage Supervisor, who will be checking all of our hot-item food servers for proper operation. Our Healthy Starts breakfast is an excellent way to start your day and has received accolades from the majority of our guests.

The TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Sudbury, the area`s premiere business and leisure travel hotel, is competitively priced in our market when the vast array of amenities and services are taken into account. Our 24 hour-a-day In a Pinch Market provides favourite foods for our guests any time of the day; our complimentary, reliable wireless and wired internet access is available anywhere in the hotel and the fact that all of our rooms have kitchen facilities make our hotel the areas favourite!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Should you have any further feedback regarding your stay, it would be most welcomed by our Front Office Supervisor, Cole Sheridan, at CSheridan@TownePlaceSudbury.com or 705.525.7700 x5004. Comments just like yours allow us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and helps us focus on providing top quality service and products!

Thank you for stay with Marriott!

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I booked our stay here for a hockey tournament and I couldn't have asked for better service. From arranging the block of rooms, to registering families, right down to the actual stay was all handled with professionalism and without a hitch!

The entire staff were always friendly and willing to accommodate our large group.

The rooms were clean, well decorated, well stocked and the beds were great for sleeping in.
Breakfast was well received by everyone, but the kids enjoyed the pool most of all! The hotel staff even employed their lifeguard longer than normal, so our boys could take full advantage - well beyond the call of duty! Note: the pool does have a 25person max. With a full team with siblings/parents we were well beyond that and we did have a wait to get into the pool.

The location of this property is right next to a huge strip mall, with loads of shopping and a very large AMC theater.

We will definitely book again at our next Big Nickel tournament!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at the Towneplace Suites for 3 nights along with 17 other families in our group , and only heard great comments about the hotel and its staff .From our check in as a large group , which was done quickly and effective to the rooms ,that had all the comforts of home, we were all very happy with our choice of hotel and definitely would stay at this hotel if in the area again.The kids in our group loved the pool and its slide and the families really liked the convience of the continental breakfast The hotel was very clean and we all felt very comfortable. would highly recommend it

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My family and I stayed at the Towneplace Suites the weekend of October 28 to 30th for a family wedding.

From the outside it looks like your average discount hotel. Quite the opposite. Inside it was very nicely furnished, well decorated and VERY comfortable for sleeping.

The pool was great for the kids, they loved the fast water slide and the hot tub. Breakfast in the morning was your typical continental fare, but it was more than good enough for our gang.

Can't wait to go back!