“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
ontario
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

It can be describes as a nice mini apartment/ suite. Our room had a king bed, sofa bed, kitchen with cooktop, dishwasher, fridge with freezer, dishes, etc. Great for travelling when you want to bring in food to eat in your room. It is very clean. Reception was very friendly and so was the other staff we encountered. Did not use the pool but noticed there was a slide. Only minor thing was when the toilet was flushed in the room above us - It was like an Archie Bunker toilet flush.
It is very close to big box stores including a Costco, and restaurants. It will be our first choice to stay next time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank misslindy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We are Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites steady clients, and have probably stayed at over 25 of these hotels over the past few years. There are several reviews criticizing the front desk and their service levels. We have found the complete opposite. The front desk people , Lori, Melanie, Nicole, were over the top in their service and went way beyond the call of duty in accommodating us and providing extra service. The hotel and the rooms are spotless. The plates and cutlery in the dining area are not plastic which I have never seen at a TPS. They offer a complimentary dog walking service which I haver never seen anywhere, including five star hotels, unless perhaps if you pay s small fortune for this service. The pool is clean , the exercise room has modern equipment, and the laundry room is kept very clean. During the week the hotel caters primarily to business people so it was very quiet which was great. The dining area has a lounge within it which is very nice. We would stay only at this hotel if we were again in Sudbury. The location is great - it is within walking distance of a big mall which has Costco, Marshalls, Winners, Old Navy, etc. Also, regular nice grocery stores are within a five minute drive.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto_CanadaSharon
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed here many times for work, has all the amenities. Read another review about hockey teams staying there, I have been there but honestly weekends in Northern Ontario are made for hockey and I only wish when I was travelling with my son we had suites such as this to stay at. There was a friendly atmosphere as it seemed that a lot of people were there on longer term stays. There was entertainment the night I was there was a pleasant surprise! I look forward to many more stays! And it's a bonus that it's a Marriott chain hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a business/fun trip and brought my family.
There was a few hockey teams staying here the same nights and the noise was terrible. The kids themselves were slamming doors until almost midnight, then the adults proceeded to scream, cuss and drink---as luck would have it--in the room adjoining ours. My kids woke up numerous times through the night, and hotel personnel came up three times even before we called them at 3:15 am. Needless to say it was difficult to wake up at 6:30 for work.

The next day, when we expressed our displeasure, they moved us up to the top floor where there would be less noise. We had to repack everything and had to wait untill the regular check-in time to finally get there, but we slept that night.

Overall, they helped us out the next day, but more needs to be done with loud, drunk, obnoxious people who disrupt everyone else. I understand they are unlikely to boot someone out on the street in the middle of the night, but a fine...a discharge to another hotel the next day...something.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at the Towneplace Suites earlier in the month as I was in town on work and I was pleasantly surprised at a couple of things.

First of all, the room was very spacious and well set-up. The kitchen was excellent although I didn't really have a chance to use it since I was pretty much at work for most of my stay. I was pretty happy with the hot breakfast selection and location-wise it was pretty decent for me.

My one complaint is that on the Saturday, they had a serious shortage of housekeeping staff and so when I did get back to my room late at night, it hadn't been cleaned. This didn't bother me that much since I was traveling alone and kept pretty clean but it certainly would bug me if I was here with young kids. I just wish they had offered something like extra Marriott Reward points to make up for this but certainly a minor point.

Overall, an excellent place to stay and I am sure I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Timmins, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Great hotel with large rooms with full kitchen. Bathroom products were nice. Kitchen was stocked with dishes and utensils. Lobby is tiny and a nice warm and cold breakfast is served in the bar next to the lobby. My only thing that upset me was a vanilla scented candle that was burning on the check in desk at the lobby. For those who are scent-sensitive, it's a turn off. I don`t know if that's a chain thing or just a front desk clerk decision. It won`t stop me from staying here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor and could here the buses rumbling at the garage next door. Perhaps a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kirkland Lake ON Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was our first time at this facility. We had read previous reviews before booking and had some trepidation given that there were a few evaluations concerned with noise. But we figured this is a newer Sudbury business, there will be kinks to work out, and overall the reviews were good. Excellent location: one of the first hotels you will see as you enter town from the east on Highway 11. Very courteous desk service for the check-in. Although we were about 1.5 hours earlier than standard check-in they were kind enough to offer us access to our room immediately. Very pleasant room, with all suite amenities (kitchennette, full fridge, microwave, countertop heating element), thus perfect for a family outing. We were three adults.

One thing though for you to keep in mind and I have not seen it anywhere in other reviews. Before I went to bed I made my way to the washroom only to find that the power was off. At the sink area by the washroom entrance there was also no power. When I made my way to the main entrance there was also no light power there but yet there was power to all the appliances, the TV, the desk radio, the lamp between the beds. I noted that an electrical panel was partially opened right by the washroom so I thought this might be a regular occurence. From looking at it briefly (I am not electrically inclined) I spotted that none of the breakers were tripped. I did not wish to call housekeeping since the two others were already sound asleep. So I simply closed everything off. A short while later I heard my wife use the washroom. Due to not being able to turn the light on she came out, went to the room entrance hall, and flicked a switch which provided power to all of the non-functionning circuits. Go figure! A MASTER SWITCH is located right by the closet. She took great pleasure informing me in the morning that she had noticed it the day before and determined what this light switch actually. Why this type of arrangement is in place I would never know! The moral of this story is simple: ask your wife if you have a question, preferrably not at midnight though!

The entrance way was rather disgusting though, peppered with cigarette butts, however the whole facility was super clean, breakfast was good with a decent variety of foods (although the hot stuff was not always the best), internet access was great, and we did not find the hotel noisy at all (and we were on the highway side). Location, if you are there for shopping, is excellent. We shall return...and I will not ever again play with the MAIN SWITCH...promise!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family