“An awesome family stay!”

TownePlace Suites Sudbury
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Barrie
“An awesome family stay!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived right at check in to a friendly front desk person. We got our room right away and was told if we needed anything give them a call. They did help us with directs to near by places. The room was very clean and quite spaceous. We appreciated the table and chairs to eat our pizza on while watching tv. They had lots of channels and high speed internet. We did check out the pool and slide which my son loved. The breakfast in the morning was really good as well. We would come back again for sure! We came here just for Sudbury's awesome science center if you haven't you should check it out! Sudbury has alot to offer!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Cecil,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Sudbury was enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed at the Townplace for weeks on end while working in Sudbury and I love it there. The staff is very friendly, there is complimentary breakfast, the pool is amazing and the rooms are very nice. Each room has a dishwasher, fridge, and stove top. It is nice have the option to cook for yourself. There is also MIC (restaurant) right beside the hotel so you can eat there if you don't feel like cooking. Definitely my favourite hotel in Sudbury

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane12345615
Nunya
Reviewed 4 November 2013

After reading several reviews we decided to stay at this Marriot instead of our usual hotel in Sudbury. One review suggested that you ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the road, we so did, BIG MISTAKE!! There is a greyhound depot on the backside of the hotel and all night we were kept awake with the sound of the buses, it was awful! it sounded as though the kids in the room upstairs were going to fall through the ceiling and the people in the room across the hall from us came back to the hotel highly intoxicated at 3 am and woke the whole floor up. (I do realize the last part is not the hotels fault) The room itself was huge, the beds were comfortable but they had a very small tv in our room and there isn't any pay per view movies available to order which was disappointing. There was a nice little kitchen area in our room that would have been fabulous if we had been staying there for longer and we could have coked our own food.However the tap water in our room smelled of rotting eggs. The breakfast area downstairs is awful. It is so crowded and very oddly set up. If there are people sitting at the tables it is nearly impossible to get across the room because the tables are so stuck together. I found it very strange that they had cocktail sausages for breakfast but there were no eggs or bacon on offer.Overall I was very disappointed with this hotel, a comfortable bed isn't any good if the noise levels are too high to sleep, and if breakfast is included, it should be edible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and on the road side of the hotels, the noise of the buses on the fa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Se7en22
Rhodes Corner, NS
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights here, and everything was great - cleanliness of all areas, staff friendliness, decent hot breakfast with many cold options, nice little bar for a night cap, comfortable bed, lots of closet space, good sized fridge and kitchen facilities, pool, perfect amenities for a 2 room suite, great parking, not a single complaint.

Room Tip: We looked at several that looked good, but the comments online were a deciding factor for this place...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
I found the rooms to be very comfortable, clean and efficient. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on!
The location is handy to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast is not bad. I didn't have the hot breakfast...it looked like processed food, but there was plenty of cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. which is normally what I eat anyway!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The check-in was smooth and efficient. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite. It had all the amenities one would expect and was clean and tidy. However I was a bit dissapointed in the size of the room, which was just enough to fit a king bed and left me feeling claustrophobic. The design could have been improved ny reducing the space of the living area.THE BAD: We stayed on the 27th (breakfast was on the 28th). The entire fridge was full of EXPIRED yoghurt with a best before date of Sept 21, except for one or two yoghurts with Oct 12. For 6 days, guests must have been eating expired yoghurt, unbelievable. I am surprised nobody else noticed. I did inform the kitchen staff and they promptly replaced all the yoghurt. I have stayed at other Marriott properties before, and the breakfast selection was certainly lacking. The fruit didn't look particularly fresh. There was egg only one day, and it felt artificial. The second day had no eggs, just sausage and pancakes. When I asked, the staff did say they could cook omlette with cheese for me, which I much appreciated.Anyways, stay was ok, but food options should be improved.

1 Thank mintchoco
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I appreciate the feedback as it allows us to improve within every department, the dissatisfaction that you have experienced of the size of the One Bedroom Suite will definitely be suggested and passed along to the owners for future projects, we do have an alternative Two Bedroom Suite that is fairly larger sized and might be the option you would prefer for any future stays. I apologize profusely for the expired yogurt, this is certainly not acceptable and I ensure you that the proper actions were taken to ensure this inattention will not repeat itself along with the breakfast items were not up to the standards that you were expecting, we are definitely working on improving every aspect to accommodate every need of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any member of the management team for further feedback or suggestions to improve our establishment.
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have never stayed here before but I will stay here from now on. Talk about staff who care about customers, and this Towneplace Suites will be number 1.
Examples, last night I left my jacket with my car keys at the bar/restaurant next door. When I came to the lobby this morning and mentioned that to Nicole, she managed to call the owner of the bar at home and had them delivered to the front desk. Tonight as I sit on the patio enjoying a beer, Natasha, from the bar came out to ask me if I needed anything else. She asked my name and spoke about her family. Wow, when does that happen. All the staff are the same, very friendly.the rooms are also amazing. I will only stay here when in Sudbury. Love it

Room Tip: The back rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business