“Lovely new hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
london
“Lovely new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I had a great nights stay here. The room was terrific with a micro wave and kitchen set up. I was in late and hungry and I got a frozen lasagna in the lobby and could eat it in my room with real utensils and plates. The room was cheery, the bed was great and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely return. The breakfast was great as well. I think this is a great option if you are travelling through Sudbury On.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cape Breton Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I spent three nights over a one week span, the 1st night was a disaster,(Sat Jan 25th) after many flight delays ( flying in from the east coast) I was really looking forward to quiet night with my husband who is in the Sudbury region on project. After a nice dinner at the Keg, we retreated back to our room to relax for the evening, to our surprise there was a hockey team staying on our floor, no big deal, we have a son in university, have spent many nights away on hockey trips. However the issue I have isn't with the children, but the parents, they were drinking excessively out in the hallway, pretty sure we were the only ppl on the 2nd floor that weren't part of the team, so when they started to become drunk and obnoxious , I refrained from calling the front desk, as I knew they would know who called, at one point there was an argument just outside our door, my husband was getting very upset at this point as it was well after midnight, I actually felt bad for the young boys, uncertain as to what kind of parents act this way, in front of their children, but really just didn't want to cause a scene, so just tried to sleep with the tv on, to drown out the noise, I've never in all my years had to phone to complain about other hotel guests, but being tired ,sleep deprived , and a little grumpy, I couldn't hold off any longer and called the front desk a little after 3am! I apologized for having to call, and even told the girl at reception that I've never called the front desk before, but the group have been partying quite heavily and are being really loud and argumentative with each other. She apologized and said they'd sent someone right up, and if it continued to phone again, it was a short time later that I heard a man scream out, "Whoever phoned, you won't ruin our fun!" , Lovely! They moved out of the hallway and into the room beside us, the noise didn't stop they continued to party for an additional hour or two, I eventually feel asleep, I didn't bother to call again, I honestly feel that Townplace Suites shouldn't leave it up to guests to have to work security, many times on hockey trips, the hotel would have security roam the halls especially after 11pm, to unsure guests weren't disrupting other guests. Or at the very least after a complaint call came in, to perhaps just check back in, 30 mins or so later to ensure the rowdy guests have actually dropped the noise levels, Townplace Suites did neither. Upon check out , the agent asked how my stay was, I wasn't looking for a room comp, I had already paid, until this point, I said nothing, and had no intention to , unless someone asked or brought up the previous night. I smiled and said well honestly , we had to phone after 3am, the partying just wouldn't stop, very robotically she replied " Oh I'm sorry about that", nothing more. As a business owner myself, I didn't feel the way I would have wanted one of my clients to feel, leaving my business, I honestly don't think she really cared how my stay was, just programmed to ask. I did tell her we were returning the following week, and would appreciate a room on a quieter floor, she assured me she'd make a note of it. Again I wasn't looking for a room comp the following weekend, both nights had been already prepaid using priceline. Upon our return, I had to remind a different agent, about a quieter room, which she did give us, Friday night was perfect, Saturday, we had a few hiccups that normally wouldn't bother me but after the previous weekend, I wanted Townplace to redeem themselves, we made 2 separate reservations for Fri and Sat after scheduling changes for my husband, I mentioned this at checkin , she assured me it wasn't an issue and we could just stay in the same room both nights, after dragging all our shopping bags to the 6th floor , we noticed that neither of our keys worked and I had to go back down to the lobby to activate them again ( frustrating) Our maid, cleaned our room but forgot, to replenish soap, shampoo, lotion, dish detergent ( an almost empty bottle was on the counter at check in ) and we only had one roll of toilet paper for two people for two days, and I'm not even certain we started with a full roll, I like the hotel, don't get me wrong, I just feel management has to train staff ( who are all on the younger side) to be a little more sympathetic and understanding and not so robotic. Also housekeeping has to step it up a notch. Overall good hotel, great location, and will hopefully iron out their kinks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Love2Travel286
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived right at check in to a friendly front desk person. We got our room right away and was told if we needed anything give them a call. They did help us with directs to near by places. The room was very clean and quite spaceous. We appreciated the table and chairs to eat our pizza on while watching tv. They had lots of channels and high speed internet. We did check out the pool and slide which my son loved. The breakfast in the morning was really good as well. We would come back again for sure! We came here just for Sudbury's awesome science center if you haven't you should check it out! Sudbury has alot to offer!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AbhayBhargava, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Sudbury, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Cecil,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Sudbury was enjoyable.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed at the Townplace for weeks on end while working in Sudbury and I love it there. The staff is very friendly, there is complimentary breakfast, the pool is amazing and the rooms are very nice. Each room has a dishwasher, fridge, and stove top. It is nice have the option to cook for yourself. There is also MIC (restaurant) right beside the hotel so you can eat there if you don't feel like cooking. Definitely my favourite hotel in Sudbury

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane12345615
Nunya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

After reading several reviews we decided to stay at this Marriot instead of our usual hotel in Sudbury. One review suggested that you ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the road, we so did, BIG MISTAKE!! There is a greyhound depot on the backside of the hotel and all night we were kept awake with the sound of the buses, it was awful! it sounded as though the kids in the room upstairs were going to fall through the ceiling and the people in the room across the hall from us came back to the hotel highly intoxicated at 3 am and woke the whole floor up. (I do realize the last part is not the hotels fault) The room itself was huge, the beds were comfortable but they had a very small tv in our room and there isn't any pay per view movies available to order which was disappointing. There was a nice little kitchen area in our room that would have been fabulous if we had been staying there for longer and we could have coked our own food.However the tap water in our room smelled of rotting eggs. The breakfast area downstairs is awful. It is so crowded and very oddly set up. If there are people sitting at the tables it is nearly impossible to get across the room because the tables are so stuck together. I found it very strange that they had cocktail sausages for breakfast but there were no eggs or bacon on offer.Overall I was very disappointed with this hotel, a comfortable bed isn't any good if the noise levels are too high to sleep, and if breakfast is included, it should be edible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and on the road side of the hotels, the noise of the buses on the fa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Se7en22
Rhodes Corner, NS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights here, and everything was great - cleanliness of all areas, staff friendliness, decent hot breakfast with many cold options, nice little bar for a night cap, comfortable bed, lots of closet space, good sized fridge and kitchen facilities, pool, perfect amenities for a 2 room suite, great parking, not a single complaint.

Room Tip: We looked at several that looked good, but the comments online were a deciding factor for this place...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
I found the rooms to be very comfortable, clean and efficient. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on!
The location is handy to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast is not bad. I didn't have the hot breakfast...it looked like processed food, but there was plenty of cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. which is normally what I eat anyway!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business