“Tasty taste of Mexico”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have yet to be disappointed by this restaurant. Everything we have ordered has been yummy. This time I ordered the Aztec Tacos and my husband had the Beef Burrito. I believe both entrees were $17.99 and the large portion sizes, which included a soup starter, were worth the price. Our dinner including a margarita for me and a couple of coronas for my husband came to approx. $60. It was well worth the price and in my opinion this restaurant gives good value for your dollar.

The restaurant itself (the downtown location) is on the small size (about 10 tables) but it feels authentic and different. There is also a location on Lasalle Blvd. Take-out is available. There are many items which are gluten free (corn based tortilla is used).

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went to the location on LaSalle just last week for dinner.
I trusted the reviews here and they are right on! We ordered the Mexican Guacamole and the Beef Burrito dinner. The mini tacos were interesting, filled with potato. The dinner was very good, fresh and we shared everything. I would agree the prices are a little steep and some economical items on the menu would help attract more business. Our waitress was excellent, she brought water without asking, something I haven't seen since I left Toronto. She was friendly and helpful and always attentive. Overall, I would return to try another dish and I would recommend it to other diners. A great date night!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Go often to La Casa Mexicana downtown for lunch with people from the office. Varied menu with something for everyone. Great food and friendly people.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The restaurant had a homey feel. The price was a little high but the portions were great. The food tasted likeaa home cooked meal and was quite tasty!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

There are two locations. Arriving at the first location, we were unsure if they were open, but someone opened the door for us saying that the owners will be back shortly but we were welcome to come in and wait inside. After about 20 minutes waiting we gave up and drove to the other location. This second location was open with a lovely woman running it. We wanted to go because of the fresh ingredients and great food and was not disappointed. As well, this restaurant works well with those who are gluten free.