“Gem of a find”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Newly renovated, modern room furnishings and nicely upgraded bathroom. Great pricing, free wifi, cable tv, fridge, microwave AND free breakfast. Very clean in and out. Had the pleasure of meeting the owner Menal, friendly, courteous, and thoughtful. Would highly recommend staying.

• Stayed: June 2014
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our room to be modern and clean. We hope that you choose our hotel on your next trip to the area.
Minal & Jay Mahida

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Subject: Sudbury inn
Location: Sudbury, Northeastern Ontario, Ontario
Title: "Wonderful Experience"
ID#: 195677000

I have stayed in a lot hotels in many different cities during my new job business trip. My stay with Sudbury Inn was simply great and very comfortable in their premium room. Staff at front desk are incredible and their welcome greetings up to lead to your room found very informative in polite manner.

I definitely recommend this hotel and stay with them, if I go back to Sudbury. Thank you Sudbury Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was excellent!!! The owners were extremely accomodating. I stayed their with a friend on March 3-4th 2014. My dog was going for surgery and I needed a 2 night stay. One night was with my lab the next was without. They set us up in a pet friendly room the first night which was great. Very clean and comfortable. The second night, we were upgraded to a premium room at a discounted rate. I couldn't believe how nice the room was. You can see they take pride in their accomodations and ensure that their guests are comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also great. I have no complaints whatsoever. The cleaniness, the upgrade and the friendly staff will definetly bring me back to this location! I have already told my friends and family about the Sudbury Inn and they have already booked their stay at this hotel! A++++. Thank you!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Melina P
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our room to be modern and clean. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and Welcome Home Reception too. We hope that you choose our hotel on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed @ sudbury Inn few months after the last time , again, was very pleased . Rooms are perfectly cleaned and well maintained. Front desk staff are very helpful. Good wi-fi and continental breakfast. I will back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I was on my business trip to Sudbury and heard something new about this hotel and wish to try. I found the quality of room is great and well equipped. I enjoyed my stay and back again. In bonus restaurant at this hotel has great quality food and am quite impressed. I am recommended to others too.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for sharing your opinion for our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward seeing you again on your next trip to Sudbury.
Jay

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here while attending a function - the reservation was made for me by the people who in invited me to the function. The staff have no clue how to talk to guests - responses are rude, defensive and abrupt - don't take my word for it: read the hotel operators responses to unfavourable reviews here on TripAdvisor. I won't return or recommend this place to anyone...EVER.

This is a tired property sporting a sloppy coat of paint here and there, a new toilet paper dispenser mounted next to the holes where the old one was and a cheap vanity sink, while keeping the same nasty tub and the same nasty windows.

BONUS: Upon arrival, we observed mice in the hallway that scurried beneath the doors into the rooms.

You've been warned!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank genehardy
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Valued Customer,
We are very much regret to write down that your recent stay with us was disappointing you and inspired you to write something which is in revenge manner. What we investigated in this is mentioned as under;

1. Our staffs are well trained and highly committed to their responsibilities in terms of hospitality business and we proud to have great services and property. We @ Sudbury Inn believe in maximum attention on each customer review to respond in the best true manner and that we did in last review (we accepted our mistake). But the way of your is very-very different and…..

2. Your room is reserved by someone on their Credit Card and upon your arrival / check-in refused to even sign the payment receipt as well denied to give your credit card for security reason as per motel policy.

3. A room you stayed in is our newly renovated room (Premium) and we cannot accept wrong / false allegation as what you tried to share in your opinion.

4. Our understanding was that initial check in time made you upset and then immediately you complained about the mice which our guaranteed Pest Control company refused that kind of movement and very next day even we call them to inspect and they assure none of that kind of incidents or symptoms found. Why we cannot go with some legal action against this kind of wrong allegation, please explain to us ASAP. On your complaint, our people acted right away and few of your companions said unfavourable few things about you and advised us to avoid you.

5. Very next day you called @ front desk asking to late checkout for around 1.30 pm and agreed to pay before the check-out time (11 am). You could neither pay nor given us your credit card number just for the assurance. At last front desk followed with you by 12.10pm and you become mad and use all kind of bad languages for the front staff. After this our staff called immediately that person who reserved a room for you and “He apologised for your misbehaviour and assured us that he checked out very soon”. We expect that still you should fulfill your commitment of paying extra for late check-out but unfortunately even though you checked out @ 1.05pm, not paid single buck for the late checkout.

At last, thanks for your unfair opinion and uncommitted judgement for someone before having to look yourself in the mirror.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

After a 30 hr drive from alberta, we were in dire need of a good nights sleep...the room was cheap, and it showed. Very poorly insulated hallways and ice cold rooms. In order to warm up the room, you were required to have the heater (that sounded like a jet engine) roaring all night long. The room was for the most part clean, but very uncomfortable. I have seriously slept on softer floors than that bed was. Thank you sudbury in for providing me with the unbearable nights sleep that I really didn't need! The trip back home will definitely be involving a different hotel. Not impressed

• Stayed: February 2014
Jay M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Sudbury Inn. We value your feedback and are very much regret to write down on your comments about the heater. We are sincerely apologise that our front desk operator has taken false decision of giving particular room as we noticed from previous customer and we already ordered for the parts to eliminate that particular problem.

We @ Sudbury Inn are committed to provide the best hospitality with our whole hearted integrity in this business. We aim to go above and beyond for our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable and pleasant. We hope you stay with us so we can provide you with a superior experience. It is my humble request to you, please come and stay with us when you return back home and assure you our satisfied quality of excellent services

Once again, we felt sorry for having you inconveniency during your long trip and hoping to get back last chance to show our transparent caring nature hospitality. Please call ahead @ motel number and look for JAY to get better compliment on your return stay.