Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewssmall mallfront desk staffthird floorhotel guestspool and hot tubdecent hotelcomfortable staybeds were very comfortableparking lotclean hotelking bedrainbowhousekeepingpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We came for a track and field event. Check in was a breeze considering we had taken up the entire lobby with excited kids. That didn't last for long as the front desk had us in our rooms within minutes...and there was quite a lot of us. We loved our rooms as we were all close to each other. The kids loved the salt water pool and the hot tub, especially after working out in the fitness room. My family decided to dine at the hotel restaurant. Wow! The food and service were outstanding!! We have traveled frequently for events like this and usually avoid the hotel restaurant due to bad experiences, Pesto's is a gem! Housekeepers were fantastic as we had many demands for extra towels, coffee and even feminine products that my daughter forgot to pack. The staff in the hotel was very friendly and always smiling, that was refreshing to see. We will definitely be back, maybe next time just for a family get away :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
PathfinderToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We're extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and do certainly hope that your will choose the Radisson Hotel as your choice hotel when visiting Sudbury again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great Hotel highly recommend it for traveling families ! Especially the salt water pool the kids really enjoyed it. The Staff were exceptional on all levels, really made us feel welcome, will definitely be back !!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review, we appreciate your feedback as we strive for excellence and the only way we can reach that is by hearing from our guests. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool and just recently we have made some additional upgrades so that our guests can appreciate even more our facilities.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here with my group. The staff here were wonderful, greeted you upon arrival and have a map of the area. Very welcoming! I would give a kudos to Murray in sales and Amberle at front desk, these two people went out of their way, they were very warm and helpful. The rooms were updated and nice however, as an older hotel the doors slammed a lot and my washroom had a heavy urine smell. I've run in to this at a few hotels before and it's due to the age of the property and can't be corrected unless the washroom is completed gutted and replaced. I also had sleep number beds in my room which you could not see the numbers on the remotes, I did not find these beds comfortable no matter the setting. I felt like I was sleeping on a camping bed and I don't camp. The pool and hot tub was lovely, the best pool and hot tub area I've encountered in a hotel, it was even all salt water. This hotel was in a good location next to a mall and some restaurants.

I really liked the staff, the pool and hot tub but I personally would not stay at a Radisson again because of the sleep number bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
PathfinderToronto, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I was extremely pleased to read how wonderful our staff was in your opinion; I have also shared your comments especially with Murray our Sales Manager and Amber our Guest Services Agent as they deserve the recognition and appreciation for their great customer service during your stay. Your overall comments were very positive and we're pleased that you enjoyed our swimming pool and hot tub but it was unfortunate that you did not enjoy our sleep number beds. In your future travels to Sudbury please call us and ask to reserve one of our rooms that have the new Serta Majestic Plush Mattresses this I'm certain that you would enjoy immensely.

The Radisson Hotel Sudbury thanks you for your business and we appreciate your constructive criticism as this will help us improve our services for the future.

Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Being from Sudbury don't stay in hotels here but did visit one of the rooms..... Not sure what room others had or if this was a recent reno room. My co-worker was satisfied with the room and have to admit I really didn't see anything wrong with it. Joined the group at the hotel restaurant for breakfast the next morning. Some commented on great pillows fluffy yetnot firm if you sleep on your stomach......same person commented on an adjustable firmness system on her bed......now what a novel idea......never a too hard or too soft complaint and hey, both sides are adjustable so no disagreement......have to find out more about this......my moods and preference vary. Now the restaurant..... Was impressed at the portions for a hotel and presentation was equal to other hotels......too bad I'm paying for the sins of my past and now watching my calories, otherwise the eggs benedict would have been my choice. Went for the western.......thinking a small sandwich would be less calories......so much for that, it was thicker than expected, well toasted, ample veggies in it and I walked away satisfied. Price well, it is a hotel, but have paid a lot more in Toronto for the same or less.......Now, no I didn't pick in everyone's plate but generally, didn't hear any complaints, all cleaned their plates including the yogurt and fruit person.....LOL, a table joke....service, came close to being too long to deliver the food and yes the waitress is experienced, but I'm good with that, task oriented outweighs poor service with a smile..............ask and she was quick to oblige......at least she moves quick.......next time, the smiles may be there too.....maybe a criticism.......if you are going to give a 12.00 dollar voucher to guests......maybe write off the 71 cents or make your voucher a lucky number 13.........don't let them think they are being nickel and dimed....now that I have been there, if in a mood for a lower grease breakfast, will know where to go. This is not diner food.......

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Radisson Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize if you felt that the $.71 that you mentioned was offensive in any way. I assure that our waitress was following company policy and because your breakfast exceeded the allotted value of the voucher it was her responsibility to collect the difference. I do hope that you understand as we do appreciate your business and constructive criticism.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I was worried to stay at this hotel as it used to be terrible, but when I came here this time, I was pleasantly surprised. The place was really clean, and the customer service at check in was quick and pleasant. When I got to the room I was more impressed. They are renovated and very clean. I am not a big fan of the sleep number bed, but the sheets were nice. The bathroom was very small but clean. The desk is strange as it is a glass desk so if you are a business user, the mouse doesn't work on it, so you need to use a piece of paper. They should provide mouse pads in room. The restaurant is gross, and I wouldn't eat there and the service is terrible. We were here for a conference and the facilities were dated in that respect but I brought my concerns about the restaurant and conference facilities to management, and I felt they truly listened. Customer service is a priority here. The pool facilities are clean and excellent too.

Room Tip: don't bother upgrading to business class rooms unless you want a bigger bed than the double, they are all the same.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear mjhoc,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review, we truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve wherever possible. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us but I'm somewhat at a loss as you mentioned that our restaurant was less than appealing, I'm hoping that you are mistaken of restaurant as we just recently renovated that location and have invested a great deal of money for improvements. I do hope that you will be staying with us in the very near future and if there's anything I can do, it will be my pleasure in helping you anyway possible.

Regards