“Conference”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Check in was pretty good, room is very nice indeed, restaurant was lovely as well as the staff. All in all, a very good experience so far. (we just checked in this afternoon and will be here until Friday)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Sudbury

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am a Carlson member and I always try to stay at Radisson hotels when they are available in the location I visit.
It was my first time at the Radisson Sudbury but I was not disappointed.
The room was on the 4th floor, spacious and luminous, the bed a number comfort one as I requested. There is free internet access, good lighting, white and crisp sheets, water in the fridge and snack from the Executive lounge. My room backed on to the yard and was very peaceful.
I have not tried the Hot tub but I have heard wonders about it, next time I will bring my bathing suit!
the restaurant bar was closed due to a holiday unfortunately!
I will go back again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a nice stay at the Radisson. I would stay there again. Rooms are nicely upgraded. Our second visit last week we were given a room on the bottom floor facing the rear with a view of some dumpsters. I asked if we could have a different room facing the inside. They happily gave us a room on the third floor on the inside facing the court yard. I enjoyed the hot tub after the long drive. If the kids were with us, I'm sure they would have loved the large pool.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for an extended length of time. Convenient location downtown Sudbury. Saltwater pool. Everything within close range restaurants, LCBO, shopping mall direct access from the hotel without having to set a foot outside. Great BodyWorks fitness center in the mall for hotel guests. Brand new beds. Great food at Pesto s restaurant. Highly recomended

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This past weekend we booked for 2 nights. Parking just to register was challenging. One of us was a smoker so we asked for a room with a balcony. The hotel is supposed to be smoke free. The first room they gave us smelled so bad it was completely intolerable - even the smoker in our group couldn't handle it. The desk clerk explained that sometimes when a guest is smoking on the balcony, "it can drift into the room". From the stench level, anyone could easily tell that such was not the case. By the way, THE PATIO DOORS WERE SEALED SHUT. The second room they tried to give us was nearly as bad. The THIRD room had been smoked in but at least was tolerable. The maid we spoke with later told us the truth - the hotel became "non-smoking" 2 years ago, but the regulars from that time still come back because management turns the other way. The doors are sealed because there are vagrants that mill about the church property which is right behind. That alone should tell something about the area this hotel is in. The pool is the only good thing I can recomment about this hotel. It is big, beatiful and kept clean. The salt water hot tub was a little scummy but still usable. I'm well-travelled, not a 5 star snob. This truly was a sub-average hotel and I would definitely not recommend it to anyone. There are other nicer hotels in Sudbury that are much cleaner for roughly the same money - and they at least include a continental breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary B
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room and your overall stay with us. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson and Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact corporate Customer Care at 1800-967-9182.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

the hotel is average nice beds number bed just loved it, but the handy cap parking is horrible there are only two and they use it for parking of trailors should be for handy cap only always have a hard time to park. other than that hotel is ok most of staff is nice and maintainance is the best the boys are just great and always a smile on there face. The pool and whirl pool is always under repairs 4 times we have been there 4 times the whirl pool was out of order, also the computer room when i asked the receptonest if i could go prints she anwered if they fixed it yet please.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the courtyard if you have an animal nice for pets and you do not need to leave you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a large group of people and the entire process, from booking the rooms to checking in to the rooms, to a large oversight and mistakes made by the front desk my overall experience was terrible. A number of calls made to the general manager went unanswered, the head office was equally unwilling to help. I am now forced to pay hundreds of dollars for a booking error that the hotel is unwilling to recognize. I was completely baffled by the response given by the head office stating that the hotel itself will deal with it as I have left many messages which are not being returned. The quality of stay was mediocre at best but the customer service is some of the worst I have ever seen. I recommend that anyone who is considering staying here, ensure that they have not made mistakes in their booking process as you could end up having to pay for their mistakes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Seasoned T
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff and your overall stay. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Regards,