“Enjoyed the stay”

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while in Sudbury on holidays. Wanted to check out what this city had to offer being a mining town and all. Very nice staff and quick check in. Rooms were very clean and the air conditioning worked excellent - thank god because it was very hot. Will stay at this hotel again if ever in Sudbury.

• Stayed: July 2014
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive review on TripAdvisor, we are extremely please to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main objective is to make sure that our guests stay is a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed once again at the Radisson. Quick and friendly check in with smiles that greeted. Spent a night in a King Suite and slept like a baby. Room was very clean. Had dinner and breakfast at the hotels restaurant Pestos and have no complaints about their food. Used the pool and hot tub this time and it was very enjoyable and relaxing. There is a small gym onsite but I didn't bother with it. I do like that the hotel is attached to the mall ( small one) but it gives a person something to do while staying at the hotel. Overall I really do like staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: King Suite when travelling solo. Pamper yourself.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Donna H
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your very nice review! It is always a pleasure to read how our guests enjoyed their stay with us, your comments are appreciated. I do hope that you will choose the Radisson Hotel again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are looking for a cheap, clean option with a pool, this is it. I have stayed in several hotels in Sudbury and I now stay at the Radisson every time I come. They even offer a medical rate, although you have to know about it and call to book as is not available on their website.

I think people look for things to complain about. Yes the Radisson is attached to the old downtown Sudbury mall. I really don't see why this is an issue for people. Mall security frequents the area and there is the option to wander the mall or hit up the little food court without going outside. Be sure to go talk to the singing bowl guy. He is super friendly and his shop is cute.

Yes, the neighbourhood is a little sketchy but we are in Sudbury. Is there a neighbourhood in Sudbury that isn't a little sketchy? I have yet to find it. It is located next to a church, a mall and an old folks home. Not exactly ghetto central.

I have always found parking at the Radisson, even late at night in the summertime (although their lot is small). I have absolutely no idea how people could not find the parkade option as it is the driveway right next door and has many large signs directing you there. You will find parking!

The pool is huge and clean and usually empty. It also stays open until 11pm which is a little later than most hotels.

Overall? If you want super new, super clean, super perfect then you had better go back to bed and start dreaming. This hotel only exists in your imagination. But the Radisson Sudbury is clean and convenient, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's cheap, they have a nice big pool, the beds are comfy and I have yet to find a better option in Sudbury.

I would and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrades...if they aren't busy they will set you up in a nicer room for free. Also...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Liips

Dear Guest;

Thank you for that wonderful and honest review that you wrote on TripAdvisor! It is a breath a fresh to read a review that clearly outlines what a downtown hotel is to be expected. I would like to emphasize that our parking may have some directional challenges but the advantage also is that 80% of our parking spots are covered which is certainly a nice feature when the cold winters arrives. I again thank you for all your positive comments, and I do hope that you will choose the Radisson Downtown again when your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights for business. Not much to say about this place.
The beds were comfortable. The bathrooms could have been more thoroughly cleaned in my opinion (I'm very particular - I found a couple of hairs).

The hair dryer actually burned my hair, like a chunk of it fell in the sink. So, I would recommend against using it - bring your own! I didn't bother complaining because what's done is done, but the hotel should probably replace them.

The location seemed to be central - bars and restaurants were within walking distance. Too bad it was -30C while I was there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TheNomadGirl

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, I apologize if you had some problems with our hairdryer, please next time do not hesitate in contacting the Front Desk and we would be more than happy to send you a replacement as these units are only approximately a year old. We certainly appreciate your comments and we do hope that when your travels bring you back to Sudbury you will choose the Radisson Hotel again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Most unexpected exceptional welcome from Sheila and her staff. to all of the Shriners here for our convention.We were all treated royally. Our big dinner was so well done, The food was wonderful, prime rib cooked to perfection, even the chicken was great, the chef there is the best . With such a large group at the dinner Nick and Sheila took care in making the service perfect. Timing was very good, thank you for that, no cold food or waiting.
From the time we entered to the time we left Sheila made us feel like we were special guests and saw to our every need. Sudbury certainly has friendly people if this is any indication . Shriner Conventions we have been to in the past have not had this special touch to make us feel welcomed.

.If anyone ever goes to Sudbury, they ought to stay at the Radisson in the downtown . With such accommodating people there to greet you and make your stay so pleasant you will feel like royalty.Service was 5 star , food was 5 star. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alberta K

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I have shared your comments with all of my staff as it is gratifying that our efforts go a long way. Thank You Again

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Raddison in Sudbury, Ontario May be in need of some renovations but you cannot find a more centralized location for either a business or pleasure visit.
The staff was extremely friendly. The room I was assigned was not cleaned when I opened the door. I went back to the front desk and they immediately gave me another room and two gift cards for a free drink and a free breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
The room was cozy, the bed was very comfortable, but the bathroom was extremely small. The place is starting to show its age and needs a face lift. Had a very good sleep on the bed.
The hotel restaurant provides some very fine food. I enjoyed the dinner and breakfast I had.
The hotel is attached to a mall that has a nice variety of shops. Give the Raddison a try the next time you are planning a trip to Sudbury, Ontario.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David K
FamilymanWindsor, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank You for taking the time to complete a survey regarding our hotel. It was a pleasure reading that my team reacted quickly to your unfortunate check-in and I pleased to read that you enjoyed the balance of your stay. Thank you so much for witing this review, and we look forward to your next visit to Sudbury.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I've stayed at the Radisson Hotel Sudbury a few times while on business trips. The experience has been uninspiring. The location is fabulous if you're doing business downtown, as parking is generally unavailable, and this is steps from the main business sections. The hotel is however, in a relatively sketchy area, and attached to a "mall" (I use the term loosely), which is very run down.

There are some rooms that are renovated and standard. I was once assigned a room on the first floor (basement), which was across from the highly chlorinated pool, and laundry facilities. It smelled horribly of smoke, and was supposed to be a non-smoking room. When I addressed the front desk re: location and smoke, there was a housekeeping staff member standing there who claimed she just cleaned it and it didn't smell like smoke. SHE, however, smelled very strongly of smoke herself. Front desk staff were great, and relocated me with an upgraded room without hesitation.

The pool is nice, but heavily chlorinated. The hotel "gym" has a few treadmills from the early 90's and no weights. The hotel does offer a pass to the gym in the mall, but it's not terribly convenient, and as a single woman on business, I was a little nervous walking the mall corridors at night given the hotel location.

The restaurant, Pesto's was always delicious but a bit over priced, especially for breakfast. Breakfast vouchers are not included with all rates...so make sure to double check.

Parking near the doors is unlikely, but there is an attached parking garage, and parking is free.

Wireless was weak, and there is a very small business centre available.

Overall, an ok place to stay if all you want to do is sleep. Beds are comfortable and rooms have everything you need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floor 3 or above, or ensure to ask to be away from the pool/laundry corridor. Ens...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank speechiekeen

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize if you did not have a 100% positive experience, but I would like to address your comment regarding our first floor rooms. Given how our hotel was built which is on a large boulder, the first floor seems to be in a basement but truly you are at ground level with beautifully newly renovated rooms with patio doors opening to our very attractive Courtyard. I would like to reach out to you, that when you return to Sudbury, please call me directly and I would be more than happy to upgrade you at no extra cost. I thank you again for taking the time to write this review as it is important to us to get this feedback.

705.675.1123