“Accomodations great, Restaurant on site needs improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Sudbury

Radisson Hotel Sudbury
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Cochrane, Canada
“Accomodations great, Restaurant on site needs improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our accomodations were wonderful. Very clean and friendly, courteous staff. The problem was with the restaurant on site. It took at least an hour to get our order put in and then another hour to actually get what we ordered. This was just for bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

GMRADISSONSUDBURY, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, but was disapointed to find out that you did not like your experience in our Pestos restaurant. I assure you that I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager so that we can act proactively in making sure that this does not repeat itself. Once again thank you for your time and we do hope that you will choose the Radisson Hotel again should your travels bring you back to Sudbury.

Patrick Trihey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Gogama, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

All i have to say is I have never been so disgusted in my whole life. My two children ( 10 months & 2 1/2 Years) and my boyfriend stayed there on our long weekend family get-a-way, only to wake up maybe 1 hour after getting my children to sleep, to find bed bugs biting me. I have huge welts on my body and they are getting infected because i allergic to bug bites. I would not recommend staying there, my 2 year old was traumatized and wanted to go home and kept crying about the bugs in the room. I called the front office to complain and told them about what was going on, they assured me they understood, but if they knew they had bed bugs then why would they let people stay in there?! especially a family with two small children, you could see them on the bed and you could see them crawling on the walls even. The room i stayed in was room 200 right off the main entrance, the room smelled dirty and was dark and dingy. By the time we got to our "other hotel" and got my children settled and sleeping it was almost 5:00 a.m. and then check out time is at 11:00 p.m. makes for a really restless night. I had to buy all new clothes and felt dirty and stressed leaving that hotel. Never again will i stay there. Yes the " Manager" emailed me and assured me this and that, and that bed bugs are common in the hotel industry, but still. They should have that place condemned or even shut down to make sure to proper precautions are done to take care of the matter!!!! UNSATISFIED GUEST!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bed Bugs In the room i stayed in, Dont stay in room 200!
5 Thank wfallon
GMRADISSONSUDBURY, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Firstly let me apologize for this unfortunate and isolated incident that you experienced at our hotel. As I explained to you via our phone conversation on August 5th, this was very isolated for our hotel but what I tried to explain to you that having such an incident does not reflect on the cleanliness of the rooms in hotels at all, this unfortunately was brought in by someone else and can take some time to identify the problem. I can certainly recall our phone conversation and that I sincerely apologized for this unfortunate happening and also to inform you that we did not place any charges on your card and also I was going to send you a complimentary room certificate to be used whenever you wished and from my understanding you were very satisfied how addressed your complaint. I'm saddened to read after our call you posted this review but I can appreciate your frustrations. Finally, the gift certificate has been already sent and I do hope that you will redeem this in the very near future.

Respectfully

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We've always had good experiences at the Radisson and this location was no exception. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The location was very convenient for us as it is right downtown. We didn't have time to try out the pool facilities but they looked clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast at pesto's was awesome! There was an error on our billing upon checkout but the front desk staff was very helpful and corrected it promptly without any issue! I'd recommend Radisson to anyone passing through downtown Sudbury.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for these great comments regarding your stay at the Radisson. Our goal has always been to make your experience is a memorable one and that we have successfully won your confidence to stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit to Sudbury.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Comfortable, clean & awesome location. My children very much enjoyed '"living attached to a mall". Very nice pool & hot tub and clean exercise room. Only problem weexperienced was slow and patchy WiFi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful comments, it was our pleasure serving you when your travels brought you to Sudbury, we do hope that you will come back sometime soon and we thank you for your continued trust in us.

King Kirkland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

we had a very pleasant stay, and would highly recommend this astablishment to our friends and family, we have stayed here many times in the past and have never had any big problems, the new beds that have replaced the air beds are nice but we really enjoyed the air beds. The convenience of the shopping center being connected to the hotel and having a theatre there for the patrons is great.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you and I do hope that you will choose the Radisson again when your travels bring you back to Sudbury.

Parry Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you wish to find fault you can always find fault. but our stay was excellent. there was a fairly large mistake at check in but the staff did there best to compensate for the error. location to downtown Sudbury is great. probably the best room service ever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

GMRADISSONSUDBURY, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Sudbury, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent positive review of your hotel experience at the Radisson Sudbury. Your mention of a problematic situation upon check-in, I'm extremely pleased to hear that whatever the issue was that my team was able to make it right immediately. It is always a pleasure reading such honest reviews with great and positive feedback.

I thank you for having chosen the Radisson Hotel Sudbury, and we look forward to your next travels to Sudbury in the hopes that you will stay with us again.

Cochrane, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is located right in the middle of the city. The walls were a little too thin to my liking. I could hear kids in the room next door. Also, the bathroom was really tiny. It was really hard to turn around in it if there are 2 people. It is impossible to have two people in the bathroom. Hotel has a really nice pool. I love pools and this pool was by far the best I have seen in a while. It is fairly large and it is clean. The room was clean, which is a plus. I stayed in Hamptons, Sudbury, before and I had to call housekeeping to clean my room when I first checked in. Radisson hotel room was clean. The housekeeping staff was nice too. It is an older hotel.

Room Tip: Not right across the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your honest opinion of your hotel experience at the Radisson Sudbury, we are pleased to read that you found your room to be in perfect condition but we understand your comment regarding the size of our bathrooms. Finally your praise on our swimming pool facilities makes us feel that all the work we accomplished during our recent renovations was well worth it.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel

General manager