“Fantastic hotel.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sudbury
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times in the past year or so. We love this hotel. The customer service is excellent and the rooms are very clean, with new modern decor. There is a great hot and cold breakfast service in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Karen P

Reviewed 18 August 2013

OK: First the nice part. Easy to get to. Clean lobby. Breakfast was ok.

Now the rest of it:
Coffee was weak.
Not enough seats to accommodate breakfast patrons.
Beds were hard and unforgiving. Made for a lousy sleep.

The air conditioner was old and LOUD. to keep the suite with the 5 of us cool (24C was the setting, outdoor temp 18C), it ran all night. I guess for $150, what do you expect, but for a 3 night stay, Id pay extra to sleep elsewhere else...if only more hotels accepted 5 in a room (2 adults-3 small kids).
Too bad the Sheraton hasn't made it up here yet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We rented a room for 2 days in July for a funeral at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Sudbury,on we received the bill under the door for the amount of 268.70 to find out later when i received my visa bill that the total was 551.20.....reason said we were smoking in the room which was a complete lie..the maid said she found a cigarette butt in a beer bottle & there was ashes all over....we had a beer out side at the picnic table & my husband put his cigarette out in it ...instead of leaving the bottle there we brought them inside & to have ashes all over in a non-smoking hotel would just be stupid...but according to the maid , i guess not...i heard alot of hotels pay the maids a $10 bonus for each room they report, IS THIS A SCAM TO Make more MONEY....well i think their losing good customers & need new MANGAGEMENT ..we called the manager Paul Raaska to have him leave us a message saying he was not reimbursing us.

6  Thank Michel F
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I love this hotel, in my opinion it is one of the best in sudbury. The rooms and lobby are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The service is excellent as well at check in and check out. The breakfast was the typical fairfield fare but I noticed the eggs were better here. They did not taste like the powdered type i have seen at other fairfields. The pool was typical for a marriott but was clean and well stocked with towels. While I was having issues with my car on check out, the front desk staff were excellent. They helped me call CAA, offered me coffee, and suggested my son could watch tv in the breakfast lounge and watch what he wanted to entertain him when waiting. I really appreciated this! I will definatly want to stay here again next time I am in Sudbury.

1  Thank mjhoc
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We chose to stay for a quick over night visit when passing through Sudbury. We found the accommodations to be Fantastic!! Everything was clean, modern, wonderful service, great breakfast!! We were very happy with our stay at the Fairfield in Sudbury. Great after service too!. We will be staying at this location again!! :-)

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have been staying at the Fairfield in Sudbury since it opened about 6 or 7 years ago. I will now not schedule a trip to the city unless I can get a room there. The staff is mostly the same since they opened, they have continuously improved the breakfast offerings and it is one of the cleanest and best maintained hotels that I stay in the country. They have a no pet policy which is one of the main reasons that I stay there and they do enforce it and take it seriously - there are enough other hotels that will take animals. They staff is extremely friendly and professional. I feel like I am coming home when I walk in the front door.

Room Tip: If you are staying for any length of time, the extra $30 for a suite allows a lot more room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel countless nights. It is nice, clean, quiet. But the one thing that really makes a difference is the friendliness of the staff. At most hotels, employees greet you because they went through training and they were told they had to greet customers. At this hotel, they seem genuinely happy to see you and it makes a world of a difference. This is a nice touch when you are away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business