“Great for me!”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Sudbury
Cary, North Carolina
“Great for me!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A Fairfield Inn is not the top of the line for Marriott but I love it because it has all the Marriott touches of very clan, comfortable and excellent service. They had computers / printers available for guest use. I especially appreciate this when I am traveling by motorcycle as I can't take a computer with me, just my Kindle and iphone. The staff here was friendly and let me park right up front under the awning all night. It did freeze overnight so that was helpful.

The location was behind a restaurant, kind of odd, but strangely it was easy to find and well located near lots of restaurants. They had coupons and dining deals which I was able to use as my friend chose one of the places which had a coupon.

I greatly enjoy the trend of having a fridge in the room also.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Northwomn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed for only one night. Very clean room, breakfast was very good. Walking distant from the Keg. Best place in Sudbury for a quick trip. I booked a whirlpool room $$$ and we couldn't check- in before 6 p.m. All I got was sorry for the inconvenience from the front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 95Ron
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We came to Sudbury for a sporting event and since we booked late we had very few hotels to choose from. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had stayed at Fairfield in the U.S. with no issue.
We were very pleased that we chose this hotel. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. No bad smells !!

Free WiFi - we have stayed at hotels that say free wifi but you are restricted from watching youtube or netflix without paying for an upgrade !!! Not the case here.

The dining room was nice and the breakfast was great. It wasn't extensive as far as hot food but the fruit was fresh and there was good variety in other categories of breakfast foods.

I think it's great that there is dining room/lounge - especially if you were travelling with a sports team or other couples because you could all order dinner and eat in there I assume (you may want to ask first) add some drinks and you have an affordable meal - because its so expensive to travel with kids and it's often awkward eating in a hotel room.

I found the bed comfortable. They certainly were not rock hard, And yes you can hear things in the hall (not so much through the walls) but I have never been in a hotel where I heard nothing. I have super keen hearing and I am a light sleeper. I had no difficulty here, and our room was across from the elevator - but I did sleep with the bathroom fan on to drown out noise - just as I do at home - it worked like a charm.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott L
Nunya
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is located in a good spot, but the bed was as hard as a rock, and the walls are paper thin. Between tossing and turning all night from trying to get comfortable on the hardest bed on earth, we were also kept awake from the baby crying in the next room, while that is not the hotels fault, I wish that they had thicker walls! knowing that we could hear the baby crying kept us from making any noise or doing things that couples do when they have a night away from the kids in fear or someone elses kids hearing us. The room itself did look nice and we had a big king size bed. The pool is very small and feels too hot, and the staff at the front desk when we were checking in was slightly rude and obviously dont enjoy their job. However when we checked out the staff at the front desk were very friendly. We went down for breakfast around 830 and they were out of eggs and a few other things, there were some strange sausages that were inedible, but the Tutti Frutti next door made up for it by serving delicious breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from other visitors, especially ones with small children.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here because the usual place we stay when we go to Sudbury was full. The rooms are small. It is located near a lot of shopping places. I was not really impressed with anything. It was just a normal hotel. It was clean. That is what you really want from a hotel. We had no problems.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I spent October 11th and 12th in this hotel and were both very impressed. Checking in and out was the easiest I had ever experienced. Our room was spotless. The amenities are amazing. Free breakfast was included. The variety of choices available was surprising. Everything was fresh and in abundance. The staff are super courteous and friendly. Free parking was a bonus. We have stayed in many hotels in this area in the past but this one will be our choice from now on when we are in the Sudbury area. We will also explore other hotels within this chain when we travel as a result of our 100% positive experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I find that hotel rooms in Sudbury always cost a bit more than I'd expect to pay. Shopping by price alone is no assurance of getting a good room.

The Fairfield Inn however, is an excellent choice and good value. On our recent stay we had a spotlessly clean and quiet room. The King size bed was comfy and the sheets smelled great. The bath amenities (Paul Mitchell) are good.

Breakfast was included and it too was excellent. Scrambled and hardboiled eggs, sausages, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, breads and bagels. Everything you'd want in a 'breakfast included' hotel. Coffee was not great.

Good size LED tv with plenty of channels. Fridge in room. WiFi was excellent and easy to get a strong signal.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family